The big change is promoting "OSes" from just a few small forums to more prominent pages on the site, which - in addition to forums - include pages for related news.
As part of this change, we also changed how we list single-vendor OSes like iOS and BlackBerry. We're now treating them the same as multi-vendor OSes, instead of considering them "proprietary". (The way the smartphone market has evolved in the past few years, I think this makes the most sense going forward.)
A slew of other changes have been rolled out in this update (and in smaller updates earlier this month.) The highlights are:
- The main Forums page has a new look, making it easier and faster to get to the most popular forums.
- Manufacturer forums now have an area at the top of the page linking to current phone-specific discussions.
- The Reviews section now has a User Reviews tab, summarizing recent user review activity for new phones.
- There are now dedicated News tabs on all phone and manufacturer pages, showing all recent news for that phone / manufacturer.
- Carrier pages have updated options for filtering phones.
Please let me know if you run into any glitches with these new features.
I'd love to hear feedback, as well.