printed December 19, 2014
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=1&fi=3022316

Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

Back to message list

Site update

by Rich Brome (Moderator)    Dec 19, 2011, 3:04 PM

This weekend, we launched an update to the site.

The big change is promoting "OSes" from just a few small forums to more prominent pages on the site, which - in addition to forums - include pages for related news.

As part of this change, we also changed how we list single-vendor OSes like iOS and BlackBerry. We're now treating them the same as multi-vendor OSes, instead of considering them "proprietary". (The way the smartphone market has evolved in the past few years, I think this makes the most sense going forward.)

A slew of other changes have been rolled out in this update (and in smaller updates earlier this month.) The highlights are:
  1. The main Forums page has a new look, making it easier and faster to get to the most popular forums.
  2. Manufacturer forums now have an area at the top of the page linking to current phone-specific discussions.
  3. The Reviews section now has a User Reviews tab, summarizing recent user review activity for new phones.
  4. There are now dedicated News tabs on all phone and manufacturer pages, showing all recent news for that phone / manufacturer.
  5. Carrier pages have updated options for filtering phones.

Please let me know if you run into any glitches with these new features.

I'd love to hear feedback, as well.

Report to moderator

Replies

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.