Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

Phonescoop.com logo

speedywalk

Nov 3, 2011, 7:53 AM
Rich, I know it's probably not top on your list, but I was just looking at the logo at the top of the page and I was wondering if you had plans to update it at some point?

I haven't seen a phone with a pull-out antenna (or an external antenna for that matter) since analog was retired.

That being said, I know the lack-luster black slab of a phone being touted today doesn't make for a great logo either. Kinda' reminiscent of "what's that rectangle in their logo for?"

BTW, great site, and always getting better!
Jellz

Nov 3, 2011, 9:23 AM
I think the logo is a way of saying "Hey, we've been around awhile, since phones had pull-out antennas!"
Rich Brome

Nov 3, 2011, 7:35 PM
speedywalk said:
...That being said, I know the lack-luster black slab of a phone being touted today doesn't make for a great logo either. Kinda' reminiscent of "what's that rectangle in their logo for?"...

...and that's the answer. 😉

Today's phones don't have any recognizable shape suitable for an icon/logo.

We prefer the old design (with a keypad and antenna stub, at least) because it's instantly recognizable as a cell phone.

For the same reason, nearly all phone interfaces use an icon of a landline phone handset to represent the phone app and send/end actions. It's recognizable as a phone. A rectangle isn't.

We may remove the pull-out, whip-style antenna from the logo before long, bu...
(continues)
ATTDRONEV2.5

Nov 3, 2011, 8:59 PM
But if you remove the antenna ,no one will get signal

🤣
RageLevel-RISING

Nov 4, 2011, 12:27 PM
🤣

Win!

😁

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.