all discussions

show all 13 replies

hey rich,

alpaca_camel

Oct 17, 2011, 8:28 PM
what's your take on fanboys on PS?
Rich Brome

Oct 19, 2011, 8:52 PM
Our moderation standards are different than some sites. We encourage lively, civilized debate of phones.

I've visited many forums that are very strictly moderated. If you post anything that's not exactly what the moderator would say, the way they would say, in the forum they feel is most appropriate, look out. And if your question has ever been asked before, or the topic is considered "answered" by the moderator, look out. That kind of thing irks me, so we try to be a little more open.

If someone's really passionate, that's great.

The thing we care most about is that things stay civilized and don't get personal. You can disagree with someone's ideas, but calling them names is crossing the line for us.
alpaca_camel

Oct 19, 2011, 9:10 PM
i'll keep this in mind before i bash someone to bits.

i love to name names of websites dedicated to phones, but in fact they coddle too much towards the iPhone and iPhone products, then diss of the rest.
Tomdg07

Oct 20, 2011, 9:10 AM
and where did my comment go, I believe all I said was that I found the trolls entertaining, and miss them. I also mentioned since the departure of several active members ("trolls" i assume) the traffic on this site has drastically decreased.... What did I do wrong there???
Rich Brome

Oct 20, 2011, 9:57 AM
Calling specific people "trolls" is name-calling.
Tomdg07

Oct 20, 2011, 10:21 AM
I did not call any SPECIFIC person a troll, did I? I would know if my simple comment wasn't deleted, but all I remember saying was that I miss some of the former trolls in the forums... No names/username/descriptions. The O.P. includes the word fan-boy but wasn't deleted ๐Ÿคจ
Rich Brome

Oct 20, 2011, 10:38 AM
Yes, you listed two specific people.
Tomdg07

Oct 20, 2011, 10:53 AM
I bet the answer is no, but can't hurt to ask. Can you send me a copy of my original message? Or at least pm me the names of the two people I named? I REALLY don't remember naming anybody, nor can I even come up with two names that I would have listed if I were to name specific people.
alpaca_camel

Oct 20, 2011, 3:28 PM
it was me, rich, who recieved the message about name-calling. to be exact, it was bluecoyote and justfinethanku i called out.

as much as i hate fanboys and runts, it makes PS a little more lively, albeit it's irritating if they're directing their bashings at you.
Tomdg07

Oct 20, 2011, 4:10 PM
for clearing my name, I knew I didn't put any names, but i still hold my postition, trolls = entertainment ๐Ÿ˜
Sisyphus

Oct 20, 2011, 4:48 PM
total agreement.
Tomdg07

Oct 25, 2011, 7:43 AM
So are you still sticking with this story or what?
Rich Brome

Oct 27, 2011, 5:52 PM
I apologize for the confusion. It was indeed alpaca's comment that was deleted.

I initially read this quickly and assumed that you posted the offending comment simply because you were the one complaining. I didn't double-check who said what.

If you're not aware, the way our system works, when a comment is deleted, all replies below it are deleted as well. So for future reference, if your comment is deleted and you're not sure why, and you didn't receive a warning about it, it may have been a message above yours that was the issue.
Tomdg07

Oct 31, 2011, 8:04 AM
thank you sir ๐Ÿ˜‰

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.