Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

Disqus?

h_aguilar84

Sep 26, 2011, 1:42 PM
Just curious if you would be switching to DISQUS in the near future or using the Facebook social plug in for the comment system. I think it would take away the anonymity of the current system, so that people would mind what they say around here.
Lord Azrael

Sep 27, 2011, 6:22 AM
But I can tell you that said request might not be considered. The forums in this site were created from scratch by them, and they are reasonably proud of their final product.

As far as people minding what they say, do you really believe it's impossible to create a fake FB account, or that it's even that hard to do? Besides, I know some of the commenters here, and they're not the kind of people that would be deterred from expressing their opinions if you knew who they were IRL.
Rich Brome

Sep 27, 2011, 10:08 AM
I'm not convinced that Disqus would offer many significant benefits, for us, nor for the community, compared the current system.

Facebook would certainly make things easier for us, but I don't think that just using the comment plug-in would allow the integration and features we want.

Facebook's also a huge pain to work with, because - much like how they change it for users constantly - they change it for developers, too, meaning any work you put into Facebook integration has to be re-done every year or so. Unfortunately, that means we don't have the resources to create - and maintain - login via Facebook.

We do have upgrades planned for the discussion system, though. It will at least be easier and faster to use.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.