Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 5 replies

TABLETS

Jellz

Jul 8, 2011, 2:27 PM
Can you have information on tablets as well as phones? Reviews, news, etc. They're pretty much larger phones, and being able to look up specs and reviews for them here would make things a lot easier.
temporary

Jul 8, 2011, 2:38 PM
I'll tell you right now: won't happen anytime soon.
Lord Azrael

Jul 8, 2011, 4:12 PM
Rich Brome said:
I very much appreciate the feedback, but I feel differently.

Tablets may run on the same networks, and run similar software, and even have most of the same "guts" as phones, but that's all technical details, not the end-user experience.

Blu-ray players have the same guts as a basic desktop PC these days, and they hook up to a screen and network. But that doesn't mean PCs and Blu-ray players belong in the same category.

A tablet is really a very different type of device compared to a phone, with different use cases and therefore very different design criteria.

When you try to blur the line, it doesn't work well. Look at the Dell Streak 5; not very successful. A failure in the market, actually.
(continues)
Jellz

Jul 8, 2011, 6:14 PM
OK that's cool. Just wish I had a site I trusted more while looking up on what kind of tablets are out there..
Lord Azrael

Jul 8, 2011, 6:23 PM
Sprint gives us CNET, but the computers we use at our site are teh suck, and can't support it.
medic6037

Jul 11, 2011, 9:14 PM
tabletscoop.com

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.