Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 8 replies

SImple Request?

The_Real_Deal

Jun 20, 2011, 9:03 PM
When clicking on links that take you to an external source (Like source links on your news articles) can you change the default option to open the link in a new window/tab?

I know I can do this just by right clicking but this is one of the only sites I visit that seems to do this.

Am I the only one that wants this?
Rich Brome

Jun 20, 2011, 9:25 PM
Really? I always thought that was kind of an annoying way for sites to keep people on that site. I always thought of it as more user-friendly to have it be a regular link.

Does anyone else have an opinion on this?
temporary

Jun 21, 2011, 10:19 AM
Please do not format the site that way. The OP is indeed in a very small minority of people who prefer that. I don't know what the allure to having multiple windows open simultaneously is.
Amarantamin

Jun 21, 2011, 10:01 PM
You mean you don't like hours of internet activity stacking in hundreds of little bars at the bottom of your screen?

I'm pretty sure if the number gets high enough, you win the internets.
Robotic Captain Ahash

Jun 23, 2011, 11:55 AM
I've won 5 already.
AfterScoop

Jun 21, 2011, 11:27 AM
if the person wants the link to be opened in a new tab, then right click on the link, then select new tab....simple... ๐Ÿคจ
weakly

Jun 21, 2011, 2:44 PM
or if you want to have a new window you can just press CTRL + N ๐Ÿ™‚ then click the link
The_Real_Deal

Jun 21, 2011, 6:56 PM
This is how I browse....I was just throwing it out there.

Its no biggie ๐Ÿ™‚
AfterScoop

Jun 22, 2011, 5:14 PM
๐Ÿคจ have a day

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.