all discussions

show all 5 replies

How do I view subscribed threads?

AtillaThePun

Oct 18, 2003, 8:42 PM
Thanks!
Rich Brome

Oct 19, 2003, 12:43 AM
The first time someone replies to one of your messages (like, uh, this 🙂 ...) you'll get an email, and that email contains a link to your "watch list", which I believe is what you're asking for.

There's no specific link to it on the site. I wasn't sure where to put it, and I figured that the only people who would need it are people who regularly get notices... and they would typically think about it and want to use it when they get an email.
AtillaThePun

Oct 19, 2003, 8:20 AM
You could put a link to my "watched list" at the bottom (or top) of the Forums page. Frankly I'd rather not receive email every time I have a reply posted to a thread I'm watching. I'd much rather manage all that on the Web board itself.

Thanks for your prompt responses!
Rich Brome

Oct 19, 2003, 3:01 PM
Ah, so you're looking for something that lists replies directly, not the subscriptions - that's a little different. That would similar to the "Response Tracker" for the old news groups. I will look into adding something like that.

BTW, the email notifications do have some limits built in. For example, if you post something, then 7 people reply before you visit the site again, you'll only get one email. It won't send you anything new until you view that message or thread again.
AtillaThePun

Oct 19, 2003, 4:19 PM
Rich Brome said:
Ah, so you're looking for something that lists replies directly, not the subscriptions - that's a little different. That would similar to the "Response Tracker" for the old news groups. I will look into adding something like that.

I'm not familiar with the old Response Tracker. What I was hoping for was something like the vBulletin user control panel but just for viewing threads I had subscribed to.

Let me add that I like the way the threads display in the top level, but I think on a "Subscriptions" view I'd prefer them to be collapsed. Or (want to write a lot of code?) maybe the option to switch back and forth so each person can select which ever view they like.

BTW,
(continues)
AtillaThePun

Oct 19, 2003, 4:22 PM
"...Canadian pharmaceuticals,..."

An edit function would be nice, too.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.