Phone Scoop

printed July 24, 2014
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=1&fi=2816785

Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

Back to message list

Top message:  HTML request by temporary   Jun 8, 2011, 6:15 AM

Replying to:  strikeout vs. underline HTML tags by Rich Brome   Jun 9, 2011, 11:17 AM

Re: strikeout vs. underline HTML tags

by temporary    Jun 9, 2011, 12:15 PM

As FaeLynne pointed out, links will still appear in blue, and underlined text would appear in black. I don't suspect there would be much - if any - confusion over that.

There are a myriad of uses for underline; adhering to proper MLA standards is just one of them. I don't think I am alone by any means in yearning for the ability to underline text. For me, the most important use it would serve is to highlight text within a quote without changing the original font. For example, I like to post articles with figures and data that I want to make explicitly clear to my audience, yet I don't like to use bold, because as I mentioned, it distorts the original font of the text.

Once again, there are many uses for underlining text, and Fae and I have outlined merely a couple. If you must object, please do not use our two examples as the basis of your decision; please consider that there are a great many of us that would love to have the option of underline available.

One last thing: pretty please with a cherry on top! Razz

Report to moderator

Replies

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.