Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 5 replies

The Forums

RockinHerda

Jun 1, 2011, 10:53 AM
Is it just me or am I the only one who finds it very difficult to use these forums?? When I use other forumes they seem much more user friendly and take a lot less time to read and navigate the threads.

Is there a reasone why this site uses this style forum over what I am uased to seeing???
FaeLynne

Jun 1, 2011, 11:02 AM
You can change the view of the forums by going into any of the main forums and clicking on "Forum Options" in the top right. There's three different views, so play with it and find out which one you like best.
Rich Brome

Jun 1, 2011, 2:52 PM
What we like about our unique (weird) forum system:

The way threads are structured with a hierarchical "tree" of replies, so that you always know exactly who is replying to what, and a conversation can veer off in 20 different tangents without getting confusing.

What we find annoying as much as you do:

That you can only view one message per page, requiring that you load a tedious 20 pages to view 20 messages in just one thread.

We're working on fixing this. But don't expect it to look like other forum systems that just display every message in chronological order. We hate that.

Although I don't have a timeframe to give you for this forum upgrade, at least be assured that the issue annoys me, too. That's some extra personal mot...
(continues)
kvlt

Jun 1, 2011, 4:41 PM
What sort of ideas do you have to fix it (if they aren't top secret)? I used to despise the way that these forums were laid out, but I've really come to love them. Especially compared to forums where everything is displayed in chronological order.

I don't really see how there could be a happy medium between the two.
Rich Brome

Jun 1, 2011, 4:42 PM
That's top secret. 😉
Amarantamin

Jun 1, 2011, 6:19 PM
One thing could be that it displays messages in order until there is a break in the conversation, and users can expand/collapse certain branches to follow the conversation they want.

There's some kinks in the base idea, but I wouldn't be surprised if the end result was similar.

Or maybe Rich has an idea that's way over my head... 😕

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.