Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

Rich, Questions in regards to bans

mwise13

May 20, 2011, 7:19 PM
I'm sure these are somewhere in the TOU but I figured I'd get a quick answer here Rich.

1. Is there any way to appeal a ban so that you allow the user back on the site?

2. At what point do you decide that blocking a username is no longer effective and that you must resort to blocking the ip address of said user?

3. Is there any ways that someone can get banned by just being reported repeatedly or do you investigate each report and claim?
Rich Brome

May 22, 2011, 8:51 PM
Yes, people are free are contact us to "appeal" a ban, but since people usually get several warnings before being banned, it's extremely rare that we un-do any ban.

We don't discuss how we block banned users, as disclosing those details might make it easier for people to circumvent.

Reporting a message to us merely brings it to our attention. We then investigate the situation and decide how to handle whatever is going on.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.