Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 19 replies

"Like" button

PhoneyName

Jan 17, 2011, 7:34 PM
This may have already been suggested at some point, but we need a "Like" button for forum posts! Or maybe I just spend too much time on facebook...
Joby Dick

Jan 17, 2011, 7:58 PM
this is a great example of a post that I would have 'liked'. 😉

But, really Phoney, Rich already told us he is considering adding it. This post should influence his decision by a little...*ahem*
Rich Brome

Jan 17, 2011, 8:05 PM
A real Facebook Like button or a Phone Scoop "like" button?

The former doesn't quite fit into Facebook's Open Graph categories. I don't think it's how they want the "Like" button to be used, although I could be wrong.

If the latter, what you have us do with that information? We don't have a News Feed like Phone Scoop, so what would it mean / do when you click "like"?
DartStuticus

Jan 18, 2011, 4:29 PM
I think he is referring to a +1 -1 type set up. This would let people vote up any suggestions that they feel are better than other suggestions.

If not, then I have no clue.
Joby Dick

Jan 18, 2011, 6:34 PM
And I've advocated the same thing. Rich, we're not suggesting a Facebook connection of any kind. Rather, an easy way to vote up a valid statement. I, along with many others, currently reply to a statement simply with a '+1' to denote appreciation. For example:

Person A: Libertarian principles are spot on!

Joby Dick: +1

If a like button were present, a one-liner response could be avoided. That's my two cents.
PhoneyName

Jan 19, 2011, 3:25 PM
My thoughts exactly. I hadn't really thought of a thumbs-down button, it would be nice to have both. Just a way to tell a poster you liked or disliked their statement without needing to type a reply.
callcenterrep69

Jan 31, 2011, 7:18 AM
How bout a "You should've kept your opinion to yourself" button? 🤣 I just realized, if suggested button were created, I may get a few clicks 😢
Avaya

Jan 22, 2011, 4:17 PM
then just reply to the thread or post
Azeron

Jan 21, 2011, 12:06 AM
I don't see why Phone Scoop would copy BGR. It is annoying when so many persons have voted down a comment over there that one has to click on a link to show the original comment. Please keep Phone Scoop free of that nonsense.
Joby Dick

Jan 21, 2011, 12:14 AM
Well, we're not necessarily advocating the system of hiding a comment because of multiple 'thumbs-down' posts. Boy Genius Report is similar to You Tube in that manner, and I find that intolerable.

Rather, we're advocating simply a thumbs-up button. Sure, a thumbs-down button would be nice, but outcomes, such as you described, would likely be the result. You opine that you want to keep PS free of 'nonsense' when, in fact, one-liners are nonsense themselves (posts such as simply posting "+1").
callcenterrep69

Jan 31, 2011, 7:27 AM
+1 🤣
Azeron

Jan 21, 2011, 12:02 AM
We don't need that here.
Joby Dick

Jan 21, 2011, 12:05 AM
Why?
Azeron

Jan 21, 2011, 12:11 AM
Because all it does is become a popularity contest. Some posters get voted down before there comments are even read. Known iphone hater? The iphone fans vote down your comments as a matter of course. It doesn't require thought.
Azeron

Jan 21, 2011, 12:13 AM
*their*

sometimes I wish there was a grammar check.
Joby Dick

Jan 21, 2011, 12:14 AM
lol
Joby Dick

Jan 21, 2011, 12:15 AM
So are we to blame the system for such outcomes, or the general ignorance of posters?
Azeron

Jan 21, 2011, 12:19 AM
We won't need to blame anyone if Rich doesn't implement it.
Ishamael

Jan 22, 2011, 3:50 PM
I really don't see a thumb system benefiting the site much.

Plus, our current '+1's in the lounge act as a free bump, and nobody's abusing that because it takes a little bit of effort. A thumbs up/down button would be easier to abuse.
Joby Dick

Jan 22, 2011, 8:00 PM
Shutup, Ammy.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.