Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 13 replies

Rich Brome

eliasarcade

Aug 11, 2010, 9:04 PM
Why can I not post the exact same thing multiple times in the same forum?

The error message I received is:

ERROR
This appears to be an accidental double-post. A message in this same forum, by you, with this exact same text, has already been posted successfully. This duplicate message has been blocked. If you feel this action is in error, please contact the administrator using the Contact / Feedback link on the left.

What's the deal? ๐Ÿคจ
pizzas not for breakfast

Aug 11, 2010, 9:09 PM
it means exactly what it says, you cant have the same post in the same tread. (I.E if you reply "What?" you can not say "What?" in another reply.)
Amarantamin

Aug 11, 2010, 9:26 PM
It's to stop bots from spamming. For some reason the people who make the bots aren't smart enough to program in variation.
Rich Brome

Aug 12, 2010, 3:28 PM
You mean why can't you post spam or repetitive messages to annoy people? Isn't that self-explanatory? Perhaps I don't understand your question.
NEPats726420

Aug 13, 2010, 10:42 AM
is not spamming, sometimes you post the same reply in a forum and the filters dont let you post it!!
DartStuticus

Aug 14, 2010, 12:15 PM
Then put an extra . in
llama

Aug 14, 2010, 12:37 PM
or a space...
NEPats726420

Aug 14, 2010, 4:42 PM
once i get the message, lol, but i dont or cant remember every post i make lol
purokayoEVO

Aug 14, 2010, 9:23 PM
๐Ÿ˜ฒ
Rich Brome

Aug 15, 2010, 11:38 AM
I'm still not sure I understand. Example?
Amarantamin

Aug 15, 2010, 1:09 PM
Sure. Recently, another user made a post that was just ' ๐Ÿ˜‰ ', in a rather lengthy lounge forum.
I tried to reply with the same emote, but come to find out, the day before I'd had the same reply somewhere else in that particular thread. I had to add a period to the end for it to go through. Not really a big deal, but it is an example of what we mean; it's not always filtering repetative messages, especially since some of us commonly reply with with a ' ๐Ÿคฃ ' in many of the Lounge threads.
eliasarcade

Aug 15, 2010, 4:30 PM
that I am not stupid...I understand the fact that double posts are not allowed. I'd like to ask Rich, though, if spam posts are common in the PS lounge? If so, I understand the rule (as frustrating as it may be ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ˜‰ ), I just want to say me dos and now I can't ๐Ÿ˜ข .

And Rich I'm sure you've been asked and you've answered this many times over, but what is your profile pic of?
Rich Brome

Aug 15, 2010, 8:37 PM
We do get spammers regularly in all forums here. We try to erase them quickly, so I hope you don't see them often.

There are also people who will try to post the same exact thing 20+ times just to fill up the forum and annoy someone (or everyone.)
eliasarcade

Aug 16, 2010, 2:58 PM
How many posts would you say you delete on a daily basis?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.