Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 19 replies

Apple is missing from the forums.

justfinethanku

May 13, 2010, 3:26 PM
I was just wondering why Apple is missing from both the platform forums and the manufacturer forums.

I'm just curious because Android is there, as is Palm OS, both which came after the iPhone OS. And there are a lot of computer/phone companies in the manufacturer forums.

I know it's hard to ignore the iPhone in your list of phones, but how come there is no forums dedicated to the phone/platform like everyone else?
justfinethanku

May 13, 2010, 4:22 PM
Apple is missing from the Forums section, I didn't say anything about the phone not being listed with the phones.
NEPats726420

May 13, 2010, 4:28 PM
it doesnt have a tab either like every other manufacturer......

https://www.phonescoop.com/phones/manufacturer.php?m=52 »
justfinethanku

May 13, 2010, 4:36 PM
yeah, I just thought it was weird.

I mean, Apple just surpassed Motorola as the #1 US manufacturer, so they ARE considered a manufacturer.

I just want to see what Phonescoops take on it all is.
NEPats726420

May 13, 2010, 4:39 PM
i saw that article, its crazy too cuz motos suck
justfinethanku

May 13, 2010, 4:47 PM
I like motorola enough to be honest, but I haven't seen a whole lot of really really cool stuff coming from them lately.
computerking

May 15, 2010, 11:38 AM
Palm OS has been out far longer than the iPhone. You may be mistaken with the Palm WEB OS (released 2009) which was in fact after the iPhone (2007).

Personally, the only Palm OS device I've owned was the Kyocera 7135 PDA phone which ran Palm OS 4.1. I owned and sold this device in 2005, two years prior to the iPhone release.
https://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=173 »

As a matter of fact, the original Palm OS came out many years ago and here is a reference if you desire to research a little...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palm_OS »
justfinethanku

May 15, 2010, 1:50 PM
I was wondering if there is a reason behind Apple not having a spot in the forums.
computerking

May 15, 2010, 3:44 PM
I just chose to skip over it completely. Sorry, I'm not an Apple lover. 😛
justfinethanku

May 15, 2010, 5:39 PM
Haha, jerk!!!!

😛
justfinethanku

May 15, 2010, 5:54 PM
1. That was three years ago, this is 2010, Apple has officially become one of the most discussed (if not THE MOST discussed) phones on the internet and has more than just a single device out.

2. They have 3 generations of phones and a fourth one on the way, with between 3 and 6 variations of each generation effectivly giving them 13 different makes and models wich is a far cry from the single device Rich was talking about 3 years ago. Apple now has more phones currently on the market than Palm

3. Apple is also the #1 phone manufacturer in the United States outselling Motorola.

If Apple is not a phone company because it does not have enough phones on the market we need to also get rid of Palm from the forums.

If Apple isn't con...
(continues)
Avaya

May 15, 2010, 9:17 PM
the company still has only ONE phone. It doesnt matter if its 3 Iphones.....its ONE 😛
w1ndex

May 16, 2010, 10:46 AM
Exactly my thoughts.

It would be nice to have an apple forum IF it would stop the amount of iphone threads clogging up the rest of the forums.
Avaya

May 17, 2010, 6:42 AM
🤣
phyxlor

Aug 17, 2010, 10:18 AM
YES give it its own catagory, except where you submit replies and start threadds, instead of 'Submit' 'Check spelling' and 'preview' it should be 'delete' 'check ego' 'im a lememing, delete' and all post and comments immediatly go in the garbage!!
Rich Brome

May 17, 2010, 11:15 AM
It has nothing to do with market share. Certainly we do consider Apple to be a major phone manufacturer and they have a corresponding manufacturer page:

https://www.phonescoop.com/phones/manufacturer.php?m=52 »

The reason they don't have a manufacturer forum has to do with how many phones models they have to date (or rather, how few) and how different they are (or aren't.)

The way we do things, each phone model has its own forum. So there certainly are dedicated places to discuss the iPhone.

In deciding whether to start a manufacturer forum, we ask ourselves if it seems necessary, or if the existing phone-specific forums are a sufficient and sensible place to discuss that manufacturer. At the moment, I would consider ...
(continues)
KriisCDW

May 17, 2010, 6:54 PM
They are *E V E R Y W H E R E*.

You can't get away from em.

Seriously tho... if they had their own forum, could we ban people for talking about Apple elsewhere?

That'd be cool...
Amarantamin

May 17, 2010, 8:57 PM
I believe that half of the Verizon page is covered with iPhone discussion right now. Point made! 🤤

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.