Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 12 replies

A separate thread for every single Apple tidbit?

WernerCD

Apr 8, 2010, 1:06 PM
Please... Why? Can't just roll it into a single announcement or two?

One saying "Press release starting..."... Two saying "This is what was announced"

What a waste... I know the rabid fans want every detail. But seriously putting up 10 different stories?

Seriously?
rlpinca

Apr 8, 2010, 2:26 PM
I agree. I'm not an Iphone fan, but even if I was I'd rather read about other news as well.

I understand the Iphone is top dog in the cell phone world so any changes are newsworthy, but today is almost all Iphone which gets annoying.
WernerCD

Apr 8, 2010, 5:23 PM
That's all I saw. Folders, multitasking, security... nothing "innovating".

Same story, different tidbit.
Webb

Apr 8, 2010, 10:53 PM
Apple announces a bunch of stuff, and then you won't hear anything iphone related for a year.
WernerCD

Apr 9, 2010, 10:43 AM
True... *BUT* There are *STILL* announcements we have to sit through outside of Official Apple Announcements...

Like say... last week when some paper put out a story that said basically "Verizon MIGHT get the iPhone, because I know someone who says so... no official word from VZW or Apple tho". Pure rumor, but the net was lit up for a week about it.

I don't mind news personally... what annoyed me was an every 5 minute posting on every nugget.

Just seemed a bit excessive.
ecycled

Apr 10, 2010, 3:02 PM
Apple announces....

1. Topic - multitask
2. Topic - ipad
3. Topic - ipad at Kroger(grocery)
4. Topic - iphone 4.0 won't go to RIM
...etc.

Just insert links with each announcement for those that want to look, plus those of us that don't care about apple, but need the jist, get each point.
Rich Brome

Apr 13, 2010, 4:12 PM
Sorry. We hear your feedback and we know it wasn't ideal.

We did it that way in order to cover the news in a timely way. Apple didn't put out one press release, they dribbled the news out over a period of time during a webcast. We wanted to cover each bit right away, instead of being an hour late with some news. Working so rapidly, we didn't have much time to consider how we might consolidate some news items together. Doing so would have also meant waiting until most of the event was over, which again would have meant being late with most news.

Internally, we've discussed better ways to cover such news in the future. It's something we're working on.
easystreet

Apr 13, 2010, 4:23 PM
I think its fine the way it is

it did clog the news with apple but if people do not care about them they dont have to read it

I skipped a few and read a few. if I was an att cust or employee I would have read them all

job well done in my opinion.

if you are wanting to consolidate just release like you did then change them to one apple story with separate links to each topic but that is just me... I dont own a website or know how the logistics of my suggestion would actually work
IrishCarBomb

Apr 13, 2010, 7:19 PM
I was a little surprised you didn't do it like when you cover MWC and have the one story at the very top, then multiple tabs... but then again, I am guessing that takes a fair amount of time to build and put together.

Personally, while it is annoying when Apple dominates the news, it is still news, worthy of being reported, and considering one of the key parts of news being news worthy is timeliness, I would say you guys did as best as you could given the circumstances.
WernerCD

Apr 14, 2010, 3:27 PM
Something like that would be much smoother IMO.

One story with updating sub-stories, tabs or something that condenses - without losing the ability to update.

I'd complain if BB, MS or Google had a press release and we got 10 stories back to back in 2 hours as well.
retrocool

Apr 13, 2010, 9:18 PM
Seeing the explosion of anti-Apple rage was amusing.
retrocool

Apr 17, 2010, 8:07 PM
Now look what you did, Werner. You made the man cry. Here he and his staff made an effort to be timely and what do you do, sir? You make a grown man CRY. How dare you, sir? How dare you make a professional writer like Rich Brome feel bad? Just who do you think you are?

😉
retrocool

Apr 13, 2010, 9:19 PM
Invest in Kleenex stock.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.