Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 14 replies

COMPARE is BACK!

Rich Brome

Oct 27, 2003, 3:51 AM
I am pleased to announced that, by extreme popular demand, the "compare phones" feature is back!

...and better than ever! In fact, it's pretty different from the way it worked before, but I think the changes are for the better.

The old Compare feature was basically just a quick hack that forced the Phone Finder to display specific phones. The new Compare feature is brand-new, true side-by-side comparison tool.

To access it, just go to the first phone you want to compare, and click the "Compare vs..." link, (located to the right of the big "Specifications" header).

You can also use it from the specific carrier pages, where there are now checkboxes for each phone - a handy way to help you decide on a new phone for...
(continues)
rdm_24

Oct 27, 2003, 9:32 AM
😁 Hooray!! It is a bit better now.
rdm_24

Oct 30, 2003, 1:52 PM
🙂 Still like the compare feature, but It would be great if there was a way to same frequently compared models. I frequently use the feature a lot throughout the day, and if there was a way to same the same 2 models being compared that would be hella cool.
rdm_24

Nov 1, 2003, 12:39 PM
rdm_24 said:
🙂 Still like the compare feature, but It would be great if there was a way to same frequently compared models. I frequently use the feature a lot throughout the day, and if there was a way to same the same 2 models being compared that would be hella cool.

Does this sound doable?
Rich Brome

Nov 1, 2003, 4:23 PM
It does that already. It remembers the models you're comparing, and if you try to compare a 4th phone using a "Compare vs..." link on the phone page, it lets you choose which three you want to compare. Is that what you mean?

It only clears previous compared phones if you use the checkboxes on the carrier pages.
rdm_24

Nov 3, 2003, 8:37 AM
If you close the browser it also clears the compared phones.
rdm_24

Nov 5, 2003, 8:45 AM
What I wanted to know if there was a way to save frequently compared phones like you can websites by bookmarking them.
Rich Brome

Nov 5, 2003, 11:53 PM
Okay, I've tweaked it so that you can always bookmark the compare page now.

So now you can bookmark a compare page with two of your "baseline" phones, then the next day go back to that page, and it will remember those two phones when you pick a third to compare. 🙂
rdm_24

Nov 6, 2003, 9:18 AM
I bookmarked 2 phones the n400&lg5350, but when I closed the browser and restarted it using the bookmark it said there were not phones selected to compare, and now I am getting the following message.

ERROR

There was a problem retrieving information from the database.

The administrator has been notified.

☚ī¸
Rich Brome

Nov 6, 2003, 1:08 PM
Hmmm... weird. 😕

I'm not 100% sure what's going on, but I can at least see what's causing that error message - that should be fixed now.

Please let me know if that fixes it for everyone, or if you're still running into any problems!
Rich Brome

Nov 6, 2003, 1:10 PM
When did you create the bookmark? If it was before last night, you'll need to create a new bookmark.
rdm_24

Nov 7, 2003, 9:25 AM
😁 I KNOW I AM SHOUTING, BUT EVERYONE NEED TO HEAR THIS MESSAGE. RICH IS THE MAN, THE FIX WORKED AND YOU MADE MY DAY 20X EASIER. THANK YOU 😁
Rich Brome

Nov 10, 2003, 11:17 PM
Glad I could help! 😁
bigears

Oct 31, 2003, 2:01 PM
This is a great tool!

but..

it could be sooo much better if it had an EXCLUDE option.
Rich Brome

Oct 31, 2003, 5:35 PM
There is a "Remove" link at the bottom for each phone.

If that's not what you had in mind, them I'm not sure what you mean... 😕

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.