Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 8 replies

suggestion (options)

Anxiovert

Mar 24, 2009, 9:59 PM
I just thought about something, and I'd like to suggest it. I thought it'd be nice for the original poster (person who starts a post) to have some moderator-like options in order to control some of the mess that sometimes a post can create.
Say that I post a questions about a service X carrier has, and I get a whole bunch of replies of other plp telling me that my carrier this and that. How about giving the poster of the thread the ability to clean (delete) these useless replies?
Could this be done?
Anxiovert

Mar 24, 2009, 10:04 PM
Oh, the ability for us to close a thread (once resolved) would be nice too. I hope this could be done, at least for us who've been visiting phonescoop for many years ;)
Rich Brome

Mar 25, 2009, 8:43 AM
That's a very interesting idea. Thanks!

I suspect that Facebook inspired this question. 😉 ...which means if I don't implement it, I doubt you'll be be the last to request it!

That would provide some interesting and potentially useful options.

Of course, the paradigm is a little different here. A thread you start isn't your "wall", and there aren't the same privacy issues.

We do like to encourage a certain amount of spirited (but civilized) discussion between people with opposing views. I worry about the temptation for people to start threads and then delete any opposing view.
ajlineman

Mar 25, 2009, 12:20 PM
Well said Rich, and I agree.
Where PS members are talking about highly debatable subjects (I.E. Equipment manufactors and service providers) it would be more then aggrivating when someone puts in useful information or advice and it be deleted because of a biased view from the thread starter.

I say leave it as-is, and as long as threads/posts are within the Ts & Cs let em stand.
Guy Montag

Mar 25, 2009, 4:13 PM
You could write something into the terms of use about biased deleting of on topic posts. Then people could report abuse of the feature. Then again, that might become as much of if not more of a headache as the current reporting system is.
Guy Montag

Mar 25, 2009, 4:14 PM
What about selectively closing portions of a thread instead of deleting them? If a thread starts to get off topic, allow the OP to close the portion of the thread going off topic.
Crapbag

Mar 26, 2009, 3:50 PM
Oddity

Mar 31, 2009, 5:50 PM
Have a thumbs up and a thumbs down in the header info of a post. Too many thumbs down, it gets locked... Also gives a way to track popular threads also. =) Need help implementing?
dxniel

Mar 31, 2009, 6:27 PM
this idea, because if a thread has a lot of thumbs down for not being a good one then it wont get a lot of views and will die quicker

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.