Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 10 replies

Allowed HTML

Guy Montag

Feb 26, 2009, 3:42 PM
I don't see what UL and OL do. Also, isn't LI a little useless since alt codes are available for bullets?
drantin

Feb 26, 2009, 5:28 PM
ul and ol are for unordered (i.e. just bullet points) and ordered lists (i.e. numbered or lettered lists) as for li, it encloses each item on the list (list item)

<ul>
<li>bullet 1</li>
<li>bullet 2</li>
</ul>

Will result in

• bullet 1

• bullet 2

and

<ol>
<li>item 1</li>
<li>item 2</li>
</ol>

Will result in

1. bullet 1

2. bullet 2

drantin

Feb 26, 2009, 5:30 PM
Although it would be nice if we could use certain attributes for ol, such as start="" and whatnot...
Guy Montag

Feb 26, 2009, 5:52 PM
Makes sense, thank you. However, I still don't see the point. I can create bullets with alt code and I can create a numbered list simply by typing it. Both are faster than opening and closing html after each subject line.
Rich Brome

Feb 26, 2009, 7:47 PM
You're welcome to format it however you like. I often do lists

- this
- way

...because you're right, it is easier. There's no rule that says you must use HTML.

We have chosen to allow HTML formatting because we want to allow formatting, and HTML is a genuine standard for it.

HTML is a bit cumbersome for whipping up a list on the fly. I didn't make the standard. Like I said, you're welcome to make lists without using the HTML tags.

For everyone's safety, we must limit the tags we allow to a subset of HTML tags. Some other tags could be harmful if abused. Therefore we limit it to only the most harmless formatting tags. We also limit it to a short list to keep things simple. I think it would be a bit overwhelming if we listed e...
(continues)
Crapbag

Feb 27, 2009, 1:47 PM
Thanks Rich. Simplicity certainly has it's benefits. For instance, no headache generating hot pink text to deal with!
GraGG

Mar 1, 2009, 8:42 PM
  • asdfdf

• dfdf
    sdflkjioiohuo
    skoobertdoo

Jan 25, 2012, 4:27 PM
    could you add more?

the only HTML we get to used are sooo outdated ☚ī¸
    Rich Brome

Jan 26, 2012, 6:30 PM
    Outdated? How so? 😕

As I said before, the list of allowed tags is intentionally short, to keep things simple.
    skoobertdoo

Jan 27, 2012, 7:42 PM
    Well I know the greater then, i, and less then is outdated by far lol. Blind people can't see the computer screen and the way you guys code it won't read off emotion that's coded "(i)". If you use greater then , em, and less then, the computer will read out the italic word with emotion(or dramatic).

I'm telling you rich, use " (em) and (/em)" for italic

( ) is the greater then, less then 😉
    skoobertdoo

Jan 28, 2012, 2:02 PM
    pm sent 😉

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
    Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.