Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 31 replies

Idea

StillNAOQS

Nov 28, 2007, 11:35 PM
I am not sure if this has been discussed before or not or if it is even possible, but I was wondering if it would be possible to give the creator of a thread the ability to close it once they feel it has run its course, or that they have sufficient answers to their posted query or statement. Just a thought.
Rich Brome

Nov 30, 2007, 10:28 AM
That's a really interesting idea. Anyone else have thoughts on this?
razzledazzle

Nov 30, 2007, 11:41 AM
I agree. I think that it should only be the Mods or the creator of the thread though.
Lapdog

Nov 30, 2007, 11:42 AM
second it! (actually third)

Only Mods or the creator!
techguy22

Dec 5, 2007, 9:26 PM
Only in the Lounge. If someone wants to find that same information in a tech area they could look it up, but if it gets deleted then they would have to start that same thread again. Besides that its a good idea. I also think that we should stream line the threads somehow. It can take alot of time to read all of the posts to get caught up on the subject of what is being talked about. Is there any way to view all the posts at once or has this been talked about?
Rich Brome

Nov 30, 2007, 12:07 PM
Well yes... not just anyone, of course.

Giving that option to the person that created the thread is a a new idea and an interesting option, though, IMO.
Marcus Fenix

Jan 14, 2008, 6:54 PM
How hard Rich would it be to enable a Phone Scoop member to be able to close a thread posted by the person if that person so desired? Would it require extensive modification of the code used to run the forums?
computerking

Nov 30, 2007, 12:11 PM
Allowing the creator to close his/her own thread would be nice.
ajstrong

Nov 30, 2007, 1:06 PM
I agree as well
Jennyboo

Dec 2, 2007, 8:30 PM
good idea
The King of Kingz

Dec 30, 2007, 12:18 AM
If your still listening i would like this idea as well
realtor1

Nov 30, 2007, 11:51 AM
just like they said...moderators or the person who started the thread...i wish there was a way to block someone from replying to a thread once you see that they are going to be a problem...i guess you could just report to moderator...duh
satch of the moe

Nov 30, 2007, 1:30 PM
rich I think this is a great idea to improve this site.
poweredup

Nov 30, 2007, 2:22 PM
here here!
eljeffe666

Nov 30, 2007, 4:34 PM
i agree if u made the thread then if u feel it has got out of hand or outlived its importance u should be able to close it out at any time
i think this would also make the mods job alittle easer as well
Trench.Coat.4.Hire

Dec 2, 2007, 12:05 AM
Yeah it sounds like a decent idea- i think it would be perfect for all the forums with maybe the exception of the lounge. ๐Ÿ™‚
beeferjay

Nov 30, 2007, 12:43 PM
that would be neat.

user or mods can close
Kagehiru

Nov 30, 2007, 3:39 PM
That's a good idea and could potentially cut down the workload of the moderators.
foxiangel5

Nov 30, 2007, 4:37 PM
that would be great! no more LONG ANNOYING threads lol!
BOWDOWN

Nov 30, 2007, 7:17 PM
i hope it happens
malibu_377

Dec 1, 2007, 4:57 PM
i like this idea!! or maybe having them time out after no response for 12 hours or so.
robtheman

Dec 1, 2007, 7:43 PM
I don't really like this idea, and this is why. Some of these threads get pretty involved without the creator of the thread. Let's say that the creator of the thread gets sick of it and closes that thread down. The people that were still using that thread will just open up another one that CAN'T be closed unless they choose to close it. So instead of having one long thread (which can be easily dealt with by changing viewing options), you now have multiple long threads about the same thing. Instead of spamming the board, just leave it the way it is.
Jennyboo

Dec 2, 2007, 9:57 PM
So maybe the creator would have the ability to just get rid of the parts of the thread that get offensive and/or get out of control
robtheman

Dec 3, 2007, 10:19 AM
That doesn't solve the problem either. Once again, the people that are talking about whatever will just create a different thread about the same thing.
Lapdog

Dec 3, 2007, 11:01 AM
How about we just not let robtheman post anything?

I keed, I keed... ๐Ÿ˜
Jennyboo

Dec 4, 2007, 8:23 PM
I dunno...I guess maybe it would be better just to leave it the way it is
robtheman

Dec 5, 2007, 1:26 AM
That's what I'm saying.
donkey_kong86

Dec 6, 2007, 6:44 PM
thats actually a really wicked idea that way if give the creator of the thread more control of it rather than letting the thread sit there and just get opened at random
vonzippy04

Jan 8, 2008, 3:06 PM
great idea!!

like someone else said also, I think streamlining the responses so it's faster to read all of them would be awesome!!!

maybe even a new subject forum: FAQ's, or a suggestion forum for site suggestions!

Thanks
vonzippy04

Jan 8, 2008, 3:08 PM
whoops ๐Ÿคจ

we are in the suggestion forum ๐Ÿ˜ณ

i will leave now.......
deeter

Jan 14, 2008, 7:23 PM
allows this option
Crapbag

Jan 14, 2008, 10:48 PM
I thought you were gone for good. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.