Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 5 replies

One More Suggestion (Coverage Maps)

pizpiz80

Nov 13, 2004, 8:25 PM
I was wondering if it was possible to put the carriers separate coverage maps on this site as well. Possibly interactive as well. The location i currently work at is limited to Verizonwireless.com and Phonescoop.com. So it would be valuable to me to be able to see each separate carriers map. Links to the carriers website are great but in my situation im unable to view them.
Thanks for the quick responses,
Paul
Rich Brome

Nov 14, 2004, 2:06 PM
I've thought a lot about ways to expand the "carriers" section of the site, and something like that would be a natural fit for that.

However, I've made a strategic decision to stay focused more on the phones than the service, at least for now.

Plus, coverage maps would be very tricky. There are a lot of legal issues - more than you would think. Carriers are very protective of that kind of information.
pizpiz80

Nov 14, 2004, 2:22 PM
Ah, ok i understand. Thanks for the answer Rich. I guess i didnt realize all the legal hassle involved.
euro

Nov 14, 2004, 7:49 PM
I would like to see charts from all the carriers relating to their churn rate, who's porting where their going and what they had before, independent reviews of customer service, coverage, quality, etc. I think that would be a valuable tool for all of us.
shadedpain4

Nov 15, 2004, 12:00 PM
euro said:
I would like to see charts from all the carriers relating to their churn rate, who's porting where their going and what they had before, independent reviews of customer service, coverage, quality, etc. I think that would be a valuable tool for all of us.

I think all suggestions should include donations to phonescoop.com 😉
Rich Brome

Nov 15, 2004, 12:01 PM
That's getting into industry analysis and investor information. Phone Scoop's focus is on the phones, not the carriers, so that's pretty far outside the focus of this site.

Certainly it's important information, but other publications cover that sort of thing. For the hard-core industry stats, analysis, and financial stuff, I recommend RCR:

http://www.rcrnews.com/ »

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.