Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

Edit option

bleu_tropix

Nov 1, 2004, 1:32 AM
I'm kind of new to this forum, but have been browsing and posting regularly since I joined. One major set back is not being able to edit a post that's already been posted...especially when simple mistakes are made and you just want to delete the post altogether.

Forgive me if this has already been posted...but since I don't see this...I'm guessing it hasn't. Thanks!

PS- This is a great website...keep up the awesome work 😁
Rich Brome

Nov 1, 2004, 11:21 AM
That's kind of a tricky issue.

Deleting isn't going to happen. Part of it is technical. It's a problem if the message already has replies, or if someone is writing a reply when you went to delete yours. The replies would also have to be deleted or lost, and I'm not about to let people delete each other's messages (for obvious reasons).

Even without the reply issue, there are accountability issues. It could be a problem if certain people posted outrageous things, then deleted them before people had a chance to reply. I think it's better when there can't be any dispute about what someone did or didn't say.

Same issue with editing messages - someone could say something outrageous, then edit it later to something benign, and deny they e...
(continues)
bleu_tropix

Nov 1, 2004, 6:10 PM
I see. I was thinking along the lines of grammatical/spelling errors that people, like myself, like to correct. But I completely understand where you're coming from, and can do without changing my own errors.
Rich Brome

Nov 1, 2004, 6:17 PM
There are "spell check" and "preview" options for that reason. 😉

But I definitely know what you mean. I've found myself in that situation, too.

I think in most cases, it's just as easy to reply to yourself with the correction, (if it's that important).

But I do understand where it might be "cleaner" to have an edit function.

Like I said, if I do it, there will be some kind of accountability features in it. And probably also a time limit - you couldn't go back and change something days later.

Thanks again for the feedback!
bleu_tropix

Nov 1, 2004, 6:32 PM
😁 I know...but for some unknown reason...I just don't notice it until I actually submit and read the post...but by then it's too late and I have to post another with the correct wording/spelling...

anyway, thanks for listening...and keep up the great work 😎

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.