Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 10 replies

Slow

Foamy

Feb 14, 2007, 6:08 PM
I'm not sure if I'm alone in this, or not. But, I've been having trouble with phonescoop lately loading very slowly.

I've had multiple times where the pages just won't load at all or will require me to try several times for any reaction.
Crapbag

Feb 14, 2007, 7:30 PM
Same thing here. Other times i will try to log in and it will freeze up.
OrangeGuy

Feb 15, 2007, 3:19 AM
Happens every now and then to me as well 😳
newfette

Feb 15, 2007, 8:48 PM
hey that happend to me too and I just though that I had a crappy computer and that's why the site wasn't working..

i never though about the fact that it didn't happen on other sites
robtheman

Feb 16, 2007, 1:36 AM
It's happened to me 2 or 3 time, but I don't think it's that big of a deal. Every time it happens, I just restart my browser. That seems to fix the problem for me.
Rich Brome

Feb 16, 2007, 5:07 AM
Obviously you're not the only one. It's odd, though... the servers aren't slow, because it's loading like lightning for us, and we're in Spain at the moment (the servers are in Texas).

Perhaps our hosting provider is having connection issues with certain backbones for some ISPs. That's all I can think of. We'll inquire about it.
Foamy

Feb 22, 2007, 10:56 AM
I'm still finding that the pages are loading incredibly slow.

It's come to the point where I have solitaire open to pass the time while waiting for the pages to load.

I have noticed that occasionally I am able to press stop and most of the page will load with the exception of an ad bar. So, it may be related to one of the ad servers bogging down the rest of the page. Whatever it is, it's taking anywhere from 10 seconds to 3 minutes for a page to load.
Rich Brome

Feb 22, 2007, 5:51 PM
I still haven't been seeing any of this myself. The site has been very fast me all week. (I'm back in the States now, but I'm still about 1,300 miles from the servers.)

We did just switch to a whole new ad platform, though, with all-new code and new servers. We just made the switch less than an hour ago.

I'll be curious to hear if the change helps for those experiencing this problem.

Thanks for your patience (in more ways than one)!
Foamy

Feb 23, 2007, 3:09 PM
Yes, actually. The problem appears to be fixed. I haven't had any problems since yesterday evening (Probably after you made the switch). It seems to be running smoothly now.

Thank you.
intense_sssc

Feb 23, 2007, 3:13 PM
shizzzzzzzzam
Crapbag

Feb 23, 2007, 9:30 PM
Looks like all is well. Thanks for looking into and resolving the issue.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.