Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

Supporting Phone Scoop

AtillaThePun

Oct 25, 2003, 11:05 PM
Rich,
If you could add a "paid advertising" section (or some such) to the "Links" section it would help me support you. I click through, and have referred several other people to, sites I have seen advertised here. Of course this would require some more maintenance from you since you would want to remove past advertiser's links from that page. Well, it's just a thought.

I am of course assuming that you get paid for click throughs and/or earn a commission off any purchase that linked from your site.
Rich Brome

Oct 26, 2003, 4:27 PM
Thanks for your enthusiasm and support! 😁

Just clicking on ads for the sake of clicking (to support the site) doesn't really help. Most of the ads are not per-click, but for the ones that are, that kind of extra clicking can skew the numbers, and too much of it (like from an organized effort) could even get me in trouble.

The best specific thing you can do is just keep the site in mind whenever you shop for phones, accessories, ringtones, or software. Each available phone now has its own "Shop" page with phone-specific affiliate links. It's a great place to start shopping online, and any purchases made after using those links help support the site directly, at no extra cost to you.

Thanks! 😁
AtillaThePun

Oct 26, 2003, 5:07 PM
Right. I don't click ads except for info (i.e. to shop) or to buy so I'm not worried about skewing your numbers. I do however recommend good deals that I see advertised here (or on other forums), it would be nice to be able to refer them to others and give credit to you since I saw the ad here.

I figure it also kind of wastes an advertiser's "incident" when I do a bunch of reloads looking for one ad.
Rich Brome

Oct 27, 2003, 3:36 AM
Ahhh... I see what you mean now. 🙂

That's definitely a good idea! I will work on that!

Thanks!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.