Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 6 replies

Hi...newbie here...Mot V3 question

Joe64

Nov 2, 2006, 2:18 PM
I have an old AT&T SIMM card on my Moto phone. Will it work on an "unlocked" RAZR V3?

Thanks!
newfette

Nov 3, 2006, 5:19 PM
wrong forum...

maybe try the general or the motorola forum

have a good one 😁
prodrigu03

Nov 13, 2006, 4:12 PM
No. Cingular has stopped servicing AT&T customers, in fact they forced at&t to get on digital. Check with the customer service rep for Cingualar to know for sure. Although you can take your V3 from AT&T to Cingular and they should be able to unlock the phone and reprogram your v3. Hope this works out for your.
Crapbag

Nov 13, 2006, 10:18 PM
Actually yes it will work. If you get any unlocked GSM phone that features the 850/1900 bandwidths then you should be fine. However you may have difficulty with some services like internet access, or instant messaging. If you are only looking to use the device as a phone then you should be fine.
Innascent

Nov 15, 2006, 6:23 PM
not really b/c after a sim has been inactive for 90 days or so, usually, its unusable.... but yea ask another forum... they will know better
Crapbag

Nov 15, 2006, 10:32 PM
Old doesn't always mean inactive. But i do agree with what you are saying.
prodrigu03

Nov 18, 2006, 8:19 AM
Joe64 crapbag has the answer you are looking for. The downloads will may be a problem from the cingular site. I know cin updated the att sites so you might be able to get downloads. Check and see.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.