Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 13 replies

other august phone giveaways

bassplayer

Aug 6, 2006, 5:15 PM
Hey if you give away other phones (which is what I understand you to have said) you should have a wacky "why I deserve this phone" contest where anyone who participates has to submit a short story as to why they should have the phone. It'd give us normies here something to read and something for you to read as well, and then you could have a method for picking the winner instead of random. Just an idea.
go.ta...

Aug 6, 2006, 5:35 PM
I like that idea, it would be entertaining..but maybe a lot of work, think of how many essays they'd recieve!
bassplayer

Aug 6, 2006, 6:07 PM
yeah, that's why I don't know how practical it would be. Oh well, they are smart enough to run an entire website, I'm sure if they want to do this, they'll find a way to make it easy for them. Maybe have us vote on who should win the contest at the end that way they don't have to worry about doing any work.
go.ta...

Aug 6, 2006, 6:17 PM
yah, I'd vote for a winner...

Hey, this really sounds like fun 🙂
eric Lin

Aug 7, 2006, 4:31 PM
i could see reading through lots of entries to give away one really cool phone or prize pack, but not to give away a phone a week for 5 weeks. we'd never have any time to do any actual work on this site. and i'm sure you guys wouldn't like that.
KrnGuy000

Aug 8, 2006, 12:11 AM
PhoneScoop is still the best for phone information... it has all the phones updated and it's really cool. I still wish i could get the Nokia N80 though. well I hope i can win the next give away since i've never won anything in my life except sports and some card games.... haha

Phone SCOOP still rocks though.. Keep up the Good Work
KrnGuy000

Aug 8, 2006, 12:32 AM
I posted this on the "your chance to win a new Nokia N80" thread thing.

Hello everyone, my sn is KrnGuy000 and i live in Oklahoma. a couple of years ago the reason i got a cell phone is becuz my parents forgot to pick me up from school one day and i ended up stayin after school until like 7 pm.... i finally decided to walk home....half way there my mom's friends saw me and gave me a lift. When i got home my mom went to pick me up.... haha how ironic. AFter that my parents said i needed a cell phone ... but they gave me this crappy phone that my dad use to have.... really really CRAPPY.... bad signal and sound sucked...so i couldn't tell who were callin me.

Then in like 4 days.... IT BROKE... and than i got the same exact phone ...still...
(continues)
everman

Aug 8, 2006, 3:44 AM
I use a cdma cell phone service, but I would love a free gsm phone to put on my trophy shelf next to the World Cup, the skull from the first Grizzly I killed with my bare hands(little did I know, it was not to be my last) the heart of Jack Napier and one of the eyes of Aragorn(that cat was tough, so I ate the other one of his eyes to get his strength). I also have Excalibur and the Sword of Shannara crossed above the trophy shelf as a decoration.

I have the soul of Andre the Giant trapped in an old boot, and Thomas Jefferson's essays on why he prefers Jefferson Starship to Jefferson Airplane.
Other than that, I think I just have the regular assortment of human bones, bat genitalia(for medicinal purposes only of course)three pet ligers...
(continues)
bassplayer

Aug 9, 2006, 12:24 PM
no. Your Jefferson Essay is a forgery. I have the original. Now that your lie has been brought to light as what it really is, I think you will probably be disqualified. Sorry!
newfette

Aug 8, 2006, 8:55 AM
I don't mean to be rude but I think that's a really dumb idea (just for clarification I think your Idea... not you, is dumb)

How are they ever going to choose which sob story to believe. if you want to complain about why you want a new phone call your service provider. They get paid to listen to you B!tch. Rich and Eric don't.

but on the realistic side of things. They have more important things to do then to sit around and read why we thinking we deserve a free phone. and the you have the problem of judging. Someone might have a sad story as to why they deserve a phone and someone might have a really funny story.. either way when I don't believe it would work that way.

I could see it as your entry into the draw being a story but it...
(continues)
everman

Aug 8, 2006, 8:58 AM
Except my story. It is awesome and I deserve a phone for it.
newfette

Aug 8, 2006, 9:28 AM
your story is actually what made me think of that.

It's an Awesome story and deserves a prize.
but someone who's dog ate their phone or something stupid like that is going to be pissed becuase they really need a phone and you won for something made up..

on the flip side if you were to win it then someone who actually needed a phone would be upset..
Foamy

Aug 8, 2006, 11:15 AM
But... if somebody actually needs a phone they should be at the store buying one. Not relying on a contest on a website.
newfette

Aug 8, 2006, 12:07 PM
I just dont think there's a FAIR way to judge an essay contest for a free phone...

so like I said my suggestion is that the enter into the draw is why you need a phone but it comes down to a random draw

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.