Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

Why no Western Wireless Forum?

EnsRedShirt

Dec 5, 2003, 10:16 PM
Just curious really. I live and work in an area where Cell 1/Western Wireless is not available, but I enjoy reading all the forums. Especially since I do have customers who come in from the plains and mountains and ask about these services.

Also whats the deal with Amarillo in the Western Wireless/ Cell One scheme of things? Why does each company have a seperate branch in Amarillo? Thanks
Rich Brome

Dec 7, 2003, 12:12 PM
Limited resources.

The way the site is set up, adding a forum for a carrier would require adding that carrier to the whole site, including keeping track of the current phone lineup, etc.

There are literally hundreds of smaller carriers around the country, so I have to draw the line somewhere and only cover the larger ones.

As for Cellular One, they're technically not a carrier - that's just a brand that smaller carriers use. The real wireless company is always named something else.
cyberpsionic

Feb 8, 2007, 12:08 AM
Besides, Western Wireless was acquired 2 years ago by Alltel Wireless. I'm quite suprised they haven't been upgraded from a regional wireless carrier to a national one considering they're in two thirds of the US now. Who said necroposting would ever die? 😉
everman

Mar 7, 2007, 11:41 AM
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 😈

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.