Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

Question for Rich or Eric

Hello Moto

Jul 23, 2006, 2:16 PM
Does phonescoop have a bias for T-Mobile? I noticed the phones that T-Mobile and Cingular carry, phonescoop seems to always show the T-Mobile version... any reason?
Rich Brome

Jul 24, 2006, 12:22 AM
That's not really a question, but an accusation, and a completely unfounded one.

But no, we strive to be unbiased in every way.

In the relatively rare cases where we combine two phones into one listing that have significantly different styling, we simply choose whichever version we can get the best photos of.

But the most recent examples I can think of are the Blackberry 8700 and 7130, and in both cases we ended up using the Cingular-version photos. I can't even think of any T-Mobile examples (not that means anything) so what do you mean? 😕
Hello Moto

Jul 24, 2006, 3:37 PM
sorry, I tried to use the right verbage as to not accuse phonescoop of anything. but examples are nokia 6010 - 6101/6102 - 6103/6102i - 3220. samsung x495/497. htc 8125/mda rim 7100. I honestly didn’t see the new rim. But I was going over reviews of phones from both carriers and noticed it.
alejandro

Jul 24, 2006, 3:45 PM
If you perceive bias for cell phone companies there is something wrong with you.... but i can tell from your avatar you are a little too into company loyalties.
Rich Brome

Jul 24, 2006, 3:55 PM
All I can say is that there's no intentional bias with the photos. I'm not even sure why there could/would be, or how it would really matter if there was.

Like I said, it's usually a matter of using whichever photos are available first, or look best to us. We usually don't think about carriers for that, although if we did, we'd probably lean toward the version for the larger carrier.

I'm not sure what you mean with the 6010 and 3220. Those are generic Nokia photos. If the Cingular version looked different, I honestly didn't even know that.

In the case of the BlackBerry 7100, Samsung X495 / X497, Nokia 6103 / 6102i, and 6101 / 6102, the T-Mobile version came out first, so perhaps those photos were available first. I honestly don't re...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.