Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 9 replies

Question about Samsung SCH-B600 (10MP camera phone)

Protege

Jul 10, 2006, 2:53 PM
I know this phone is not due to be released in the US but what exactly would prevent this phone from working on Verizon Wireles???
granteezie

Jul 10, 2006, 3:54 PM
ummmm.... the fact that VZW hasn't tested it and the fact that it is gsm.
Protege

Jul 10, 2006, 4:37 PM
The phone is CDMA
Protege

Jul 10, 2006, 4:38 PM
I'm speaking in terms of technology/frequency compatability not whether it was tested or not...

🤨
Foamy

Jul 10, 2006, 4:40 PM
If a phone is not tested and approved for Verizon use it will not work. Verizon's system will not accept the ESN since it's not in their system as their phone.
Protege

Jul 10, 2006, 5:30 PM
Hmmm... so would it be as simple as Verizon adding the ESN in their system (assuming they did that) if the phone was equipped for correct frequency??? Is there something else in the chipset that would prevent service??
eric Lin

Jul 12, 2006, 1:10 PM
there are two things, actually.

the first is that korean phones are not required to have aGPS for e911 location services. verizon cannot legally sell a phone for their network without this feature.

the second is that korean phones are typically single band, where as verizon phones are dual band.

that's not to say that if one day in the future verizon decided it needed a 10 mp cameraphone, that i couldn't twist samsung's arm into making these upgrades. but vzw just launched the first 3 mp cameraphone, i don't see them jumping to 10 mp any time soon.

also korean friends of mine who have tried these high mp cameraphones are not impressed with any extra resolution they offer. the pictures still look like they're taken with a medio...
(continues)
Don.Mobile

Jul 12, 2006, 1:16 PM
Is it that there is not enough space for a good lense?
Don.Mobile

Jul 12, 2006, 3:35 PM
🤭 lens^
Rich Brome

Jul 10, 2006, 8:44 PM
Some Korean CDMA 800 phones - such as the SCH-B600 - could kinda sorta work on part of Verizon's network... but there are a lot of issues.

The most important issue is that I don't think it would be compatible with Verizon's E-911 system, which is Verizon requirement now, because it is basically an FCC requirement.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.