Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

Some Help, Please.......

Godzzzilla

Nov 30, 2003, 7:13 PM
I am an ATTWS customer who's contract expired months ago, am now month to month.
The question I have to ask is this: Can anyone recommend a carrier, that beyond any doubt works in both these places, Gainesville, Fl. zip 32614 and Bay Shore, N.Y. zip 11706?
Before I sign with a new carrier, I'd like to know all the facts. I'd appreciate any info in this matter.
(I live in Gainesville, Fl.,32614)
Thank You!
Rich Brome

Dec 1, 2003, 11:48 AM
Please ask this question in a different forum. This forum is for discussion of site issues only. Thank you.
Chapperal

Dec 2, 2003, 11:13 AM
I have a question to ask, you seem to have an "inside" on carriers and I respect your opinion.
I know you have head me talk about this in the past on different forums.
It's been in our local papers(in writing) that ATTWS is coming to Gainesville, Fl.(32614) in the beginning of 2004. And not only that, USCellular has said that ATTWS has taken them over here.
Why is it, that when I call ATTWS customer service, or send them emails, they play dumb on this issue? What is the big deal? Why can't they just come out and say, " Yes, we will becoming to your area"?
I have been using ATTWS in the area mentioned above 16 months now, using their TDMA service, and it works great.
I have asked this on the ATTWS. carrier forum, but they...
(continues)
TDMA DUDE

Dec 15, 2003, 11:18 AM
hey chappy, I just did a lil research for you. i cant find any mention of us having service in gainsville at this time. now in all honesty, here in cust care IF they start offering service there, we wont be told until it has already happened. however what i found in researching is that i find it
VERY unlikley that we would have taken over us cellular. what i read stated that us cellular uses a cdma system therfore attws wouldnt be able to just integrate that market into either our gsm or tdma service. its possible they could be planning to expand into your area, but i doubt they have taken over us cellular.
Chapperal

Dec 15, 2003, 1:23 PM
Thank you for that info and update. 🙂 If you should hear anything new in the "pipeline" please let me know.
Have a great day. 😁

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.