Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 9 replies

Frost271

Apr 1, 2006, 5:14 PM
You guys ever consider updating your forums to something a bit more say.. modern? Your forum system and layout is the worst i have ever encountered on the net and navigating it is a complete joke. Other than that, great site 🙂.
aemsafd

Apr 1, 2006, 5:20 PM
Frost271 said:
You guys ever consider updating your forums to something a bit more say.. modern? Your forum system and layout is the worst i have ever encountered on the net and navigating it is a complete joke. Other than that, great site 🙂.

Can I just make a suggestion? This goes not just for PS, but life in general. Don't expect anything from people after you insult them. Personally, working in retail sales, I find it very hard to assist somebody that wants to insult me.

The moderators here are very helpful and often respond quickly to suggestions. However, you called their system antiquated, and without describing why, called it "the worst". If you have any reasons why you feel this way, try me...
(continues)
matt1981m

Apr 1, 2006, 7:34 PM
i totally agree to this response... their forum is just fine and they do an awesome job responding to posts... this is not a discussion forum that also has phone info and articles... this is a phone and article site that also has a forum for discussions...
MIKE3222

Apr 1, 2006, 6:00 PM
stop wasting time doing stuff like your other jobs and reviewing phones, adding site tools, and scouring for phone news, not to mention all the other things that go into maintaining the site. get to whats really important... the forums! i've been meaning to ask you to put a bar in the lounge for a while now. i tryed, but it just wasn't the same.
MidnightDT

Apr 4, 2006, 12:03 PM
Despite all the trolls that flamed the original poster, and ya i agree he could of been alot more polite about it, I do agree with the original post.

Its my belief that upgrading the forums to something more user friendly like a column style forum when you click on the topic you see every reply so you can read it all without issues and be able to reply would help alot and be worth the time and effort.

I feel it would lure more people to the forums.
I feel it would inspire more posts and more replies, when you get a really long post its extremly difficult to read every post what with 7 diff columns that arent all on screen going back and forth etc.
I feel that phonescoop being the best site on the web for phone info the forum's shou...
(continues)
KrazyJoe

Apr 4, 2006, 12:10 PM
They offer you 3 different way to view the forums. Try the other ones, see how they work for you. You might like one of them.

I changed the way I view them and I like it much better now.

And, as was mentioned before, try a nicer approach. "A little sugar goes a long way."
MidnightDT

Apr 4, 2006, 12:26 PM
I didnt know there were three different ways let me take a look at that. also i dont think my approach was mean.
MidnightDT

Apr 4, 2006, 12:28 PM
ok i tried that, that is a bit better. I do stand by my original assessment however If the means are there the benefits would outway the time in my opinion.
guido1869

Apr 8, 2006, 11:11 AM
how do you change it
KrazyJoe

Apr 10, 2006, 9:10 AM
When you're looking at the thread list there is a link in the upper right corner that says "view options"

it's all in there.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.