phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 35 replies

5th Annual!

Rich Brome

Apr 1, 2006, 10:11 AM
It's that time of year again: April 1st. Hope everyone enjoyed the fun. 😁

So what did you think?

...and what other sites have you guys seen doing something special for today?
MIKE3222

Apr 1, 2006, 10:15 AM
google always does some good stuff, they have a google romance app. up for today, usually a few other things. haven't seen much else.
janze4

Apr 1, 2006, 10:19 AM
That first story about NTP and RIM scared the hell out of me.
jhed319

Apr 1, 2006, 10:29 AM
No ****! Seriously could not believe that 👿 Got douped by a fellow employee giving me a call to check out the latest news on here, and was just imagining the **** hitting the fan from this. God damn I hate april fools day, or atleast when its direct at me. Kudos 😈
Lau Pan

Apr 1, 2006, 2:12 PM
Thank you for the suggestion, our attorneys will be going over the agreement and when we find a loophole we will go after RIM.

Wow what a great idea, thank you for making our day, hell our future, and we invested sooooo little.
matt1981m

Apr 1, 2006, 7:32 PM
same here about the RIM/NTP article... i thought it was real...then i saw the O Face and i knew no marketing department (at least none outside the adult industry or for some comedy...) would name their product that....
Rich Brome

Apr 2, 2006, 12:39 AM
Speaking of which... please tell me someone got the reference we were going for with that one... 😉
djdelay

Apr 4, 2006, 12:01 PM
oh yeah....office space
eric Lin

Apr 1, 2006, 9:51 PM
sure /.'s cute overload joke was funny (omg!!!!1! ponies!!!), but google romance was friggin hilarious. did you go to the site and read the "how it works" section? i almost peed my pants.
MIKE3222

Apr 2, 2006, 8:30 AM
i didn't see that part of it. the /. cute overload was pretty amusing too.
moto-massacre

Apr 1, 2006, 10:21 AM
that's just too funny 🤣
Rich Brome

Apr 1, 2006, 3:36 PM
Neat! I just checked Google Earth, and sure enough. 🙂

Hey - they just updated the Vegas Strip area images, too. That was long overdue. The old images they had were from before the even broke ground on the Wynn. The new ones are completely up to date, as far as I can tell. Just in time for CTIA - neat! 🙂
Humdizzle

Apr 1, 2006, 2:13 PM
I love the "wireless electricity" 7.2ghz setup. The funny thing is, I'm sure people have bought tons of them. 🤣 🤣 🤣
japhy

Apr 1, 2006, 2:35 PM
The "PS3 Now shipping" was funny too
MurdocThC

Apr 1, 2006, 12:14 PM
haha, man...you totally got me on the "metrosexual" post. that was hilarious!! 🤣 🤣
Invader J

Apr 1, 2006, 12:46 PM
You guys always have the best gadget-related hijinks. I was reading the RIM vs. NTP one, COMPLETELY seeing how they could have done that. Hahahaha!
bocephus81

Apr 1, 2006, 12:53 PM
you had me going awesome april fools joke
timslo

Apr 1, 2006, 12:57 PM
So it's been dead and I go to Phonescoop to check out what's going on, completely oblivious to the fact that it's April freakin Fool's Day. Then I read that NTP is backing out of the settlement and wants $1 billion. I'm thinking, "Whoa! WTF!"

The others are good, but using the RIM case is priceless.
Happy April Fool's Day everyone!

Tim 🤭
ESmurf

Apr 1, 2006, 1:02 PM
I was reading the news like wow, there is a lot more interesting things going on today than usual. Geeze these guys have been busy! and then I get to the bottom and it says 'real news' and I'm like what? thats not what it usually says. Not until I see this thread did I realize it's all off your little head.

Good work!
majorxero

Apr 1, 2006, 1:09 PM
Fark.com is doing a whole slew of things from the site being hacked to linking to admin pages, to linking you to "frog pr0n". It's hysterical. Also, if you post a comment, the filter may change your post to "l33t sp33k", "swedish chef", "elmer fudd" and many more.
djdelay

Apr 1, 2006, 1:13 PM
the RIM one really got me.......I was sitting here thinking, "oh ****, here we go again."
CptFarlow

Apr 1, 2006, 1:41 PM
I knew it was too good to be true... 😛

Good one.
foneguy

Apr 1, 2006, 2:08 PM
The RIM thing had me worried for about 3 seconds, then I remembered it was April 1st. 🤣

Great going Rich!
QwertyLicious

Apr 1, 2006, 2:39 PM
So I, read all the news, was wondering why there was so much new news. And then I read the post about Orange coming to America! That would have been AMAZING! I was very disappointed. Orange is like the coolest company ever.
phnsnob

Apr 1, 2006, 3:36 PM
I was so excited that I forgot it was a joke by the end of the paragraph... I obviously came back to reality upon clicking through to the full story. Oh well... maybe some day...
ErikaMarie

Apr 1, 2006, 3:48 PM
I said... watch, they'll say APRIL FOOLS, but I was totally joking... & I totally believed it.
sowhatsowhat10

Apr 1, 2006, 4:35 PM
you guys are too funny 😛 . yea espically the at&t orange story. 🤣 😎
sowhatsowhat10

Apr 1, 2006, 4:39 PM
other than google and yahoo i haven't seen to many april fools jokes besides here. ntp and the cingular ones really had me going until i thought about them 😎
MIKE3222

Apr 1, 2006, 9:19 PM
courtesy of john haller

the RIAA and MPAA have merged to create the
'music and film industry of america'
MAFIAA

http://www.mafiaa.org/ »
Rich Brome

Apr 2, 2006, 5:53 PM
For anyone who missed it, we've archived this year's April 1 page here:

https://www.phonescoop.com/2006_04_01.php »

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.