Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 10 replies

Nokia Model 6102 and 6101

Fred Babis

Mar 13, 2006, 3:55 PM
You show both or these phones in your review section and I have no idea which phone the reviews are intended for???

What is the diference between the two phones based on private reviews?

So you know, your web site is very difficult to navigate when all you want to do is ask a question. I shouldn't be that difficult, but your system makes it almost impossible to do that simple task.

Your web site provides an important service and I sincerely appreciate its data and information. BUT, your tech people have done you a huge dis-service by making it very un-friendly when it comes to asking a question.

KISS is the moto you need to rethink...

Thanks, Fred Babis
MIKE3222

Mar 13, 2006, 4:00 PM
by tech people you mean the 2 guys that do everything for this site? and how is it hard to navigate? what kind of question are you trying to ask. from the home page, or anywhere for that matter, there is a contact/feedback link. if it's for a specific phone or manufacturer there are forums for both, so you could have used the nokia forum for this question. if you don't get an answer it's because noone uses that forum or noone knows, which is not the sites fault. if it's for a service or general or anything else you can think of there are plenty of forums for them that should get you an answer fairly quickly.

that said... KISS?
eric Lin

Mar 13, 2006, 4:36 PM
= keep it simple stupid

of course saying it should be our "moto" means something completely here in phone-land.
MIKE3222

Mar 13, 2006, 4:44 PM
i read it as moto(rola) the first time. then i said ooohhhhh. and got what he meant. but thanks for clearing up the kiss thing. whenever i build sites (rather a few pages linked together) i do that, but i just call it minimalist. i personally think everything here is pretty good the way it is. if there is a problem, i trust you guys will get it as soon as you can.
eric Lin

Mar 13, 2006, 4:45 PM
fred, we are more than happy to listen to grievances regarding our navigation and ease of use. in fact, we're open to discussing them here in public. however in order to address your issue, we need you to be more specific. when arriving at phone scoop what were you trying to do? what *did* you do? how was what happened different from what you expected?

here's how things should have gone for you in a best case scenario using the current site...
1. you arrive at this site.
2. you type 6101 or 6102 into the "jump to a phone" box at the top right
3. you then choose the nokia you are interested in.
4. you are taken to the specs page, which may not answer your question.
5. you click on the "discuss" tab
6. you type your question into the...
(continues)
MIKE3222

Mar 13, 2006, 4:48 PM
except those of us who really dislike the name fred.
KrazyJoe

Mar 14, 2006, 11:28 AM
If I read correctly, his concern was that the 6101 and the 6102 are grouped as one-in-the-same. So, when going through the topics in the discuss tab or the feedback tab he in unable to tell which of the two is being discussed or rated.

I personally noticed this as well as I own a 6102 however I didn't find it bothersome enough to think twice about it.
celesticatfl

Mar 13, 2006, 6:02 PM
This website does allow side by side comparision of phone models if you chose to use that compare button.
celesticatfl

Mar 13, 2006, 6:09 PM
Link to Specs:
http://europe.nokia.com/nokia/0,6771,70351,00.html#dui »

The Specs at the Nokia website indicate

* Model may vary according to region

on the following features:
Nokia Compact Charger AC-3 or Travel Charger AC-4*
celesticatfl

Mar 13, 2006, 6:11 PM
In other words they are exactly the same except for the charger on some models. See the follow post in my answer to this.
😁
Rich Brome

Mar 14, 2006, 3:14 PM
Fred Babis said:
You show both or these phones in your review section and I have no idea which phone the reviews are intended for???

What is the diference between the two phones based on private reviews? ...

None, actually, which is why they are grouped together. They're the same phone. The only difference is different styling, and they are sold by different carriers. Same exact phone, though. Therefore a review of the 6102 should apply equally to a 6101.

... So you know, your web site is very difficult to navigate when all you want to do is ask a question. I shouldn't be that difficult, but your system makes it almost impossible to do that simple task.

Your web site provides an importan
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.