Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 42 replies

Insert Witty Name Here

Dec 11, 2005, 2:44 PM
Would you ever consider letting users here have avatars? And maybe a few more choices in smilies? 😁
bassplayer

Dec 11, 2005, 3:35 PM
and pocket monsters that can do battle with other user's monsters in order to earn experiance points and prestige?
Insert Witty Name Here

Dec 11, 2005, 4:18 PM
bassplayer said:
and pocket monsters that can do battle with other user's monsters in order to earn experiance points and prestige?

Hijack my thread, why don't cha? 😢 --- See that smilie right there. It doesn't 'fully' describe how I'm feeling. We need one that's in dire distress. Dire!

lol Seriously, just a few more... I see 5 more spots that could be filled. *whistling innocently*
Rich Brome

Dec 12, 2005, 10:52 AM
Yes.

Avatars is definitely on the to-do list. I have to admit it's not a top priority, but we do plan to include that in the next batch of forum improvements.

What other smilies would you like to see added?
Insert Witty Name Here

Dec 12, 2005, 12:03 PM

Now about the smilies, these are my suggestions and I'm sure you'll shoot me down on some -

A ****ed eyebrow one - you know for doubting the b.s that is sometimes spouted around here

a shrugging one

a sleeping one for the really boring posts

a smiley that's in love

a drooling smilie - for talking about food or perhaps a hot guy

a smilie nodding either yes or no, both would be cool

a smilie shaking his head downward in complete disbelief

a smilie tapping his foot impatiently

a smilie with a lightbulb above his head

Would you consider a vomiting smilie for the gross things I sometimes read?

a paranoid smilie looking from side to side, which would have fit in nicely in the above qu...
(continues)
Insert Witty Name Here

Dec 12, 2005, 12:04 PM
Oh, I forgot to add - Rich rocks.
Rich Brome

Dec 12, 2005, 12:18 PM
Thanks! 🙂

That's a great list. I think this came up before, but the suggestions were kind of weak. These are good, though. I will definitely take a look and see which ones make the most sense to add.
Insert Witty Name Here

Dec 12, 2005, 1:10 PM
Muchas gracias, Sr. Rico.
Fenix1003

Dec 12, 2005, 5:30 PM
Man Rich is awesome 😎
ralph_on_me

Dec 12, 2005, 7:13 PM
There's a great one I've seen called :crazy: or something with a little smiley head spinning in circles waving it's arms and screaming. I think it shows frustration well.

I also like a simple "I agree" smiley. Sometimes a quote with that smiley following is really all that needs to be said. The ones I've seen like that usually involve a smiley holding a sign with an arrow pointing up and the words "I agree" on the sign.

My favorite comical smiley is a little smiley man rolling around on his back laughing, quite obviously for a :rofl: tag.
sowhatsowhat10

Dec 26, 2005, 11:11 PM
when will they be added?
Insert Witty Name Here

Dec 28, 2005, 10:41 AM
When Senor Rico gets a chance. So sit tight, hon. 😉
sowhatsowhat10

Dec 26, 2005, 11:22 PM
also a smilies blowing flames for flamers and a one with troll like hair for trollers. 😁 .

o yea and a few with gold teeth or platnium teeth. just for the fun of it.
djdelay

Dec 27, 2005, 9:12 PM
like a smiley w/ a flame thrower.....that would be funny
djdelay

Dec 27, 2005, 9:12 PM
or with a fire extinguisher (to respond to flamers)
sowhatsowhat10

Dec 28, 2005, 12:57 PM
i'd say yeah to both
aiko.adonia

Dec 12, 2005, 5:55 PM
How about a smile that captures this:
^_^
gunny

Dec 14, 2005, 10:06 PM
Rich Brome said:
Yes.

Avatars is definitely on the to-do list. I have to admit it's not a top priority, but we do plan to include that in the next batch of forum improvements.

What other smilies would you like to see added?

Thats great, I would love to be able to use an avatar 🙂 This is the best cellphone site on the internet 🙂 great job guys
xIsamuTM

Dec 19, 2005, 12:20 AM
how about a bowing smilie? m(_ _)m for moments of praise or begging for forgivness?
Rich Brome

Jan 26, 2006, 11:28 AM
By popular demand, we just added the ability to add an avatar to your account. 🙂

We're using a third-party service called Gravatar, which lets you use the same avatar across multiple forums and blogs. If you change your gravatar, it's automatically changed on all sites that use it.

To add an avatar to your account here, just create a gravatar if you don't have one:

http://www.gravatar.com/signup.php »

...then just go to your account settings here and check the box that says you have a gravatar. That's it! 🙂

Feedback appreciated!
Insert Witty Name Here

Jan 26, 2006, 12:01 PM
Now to just get to a computer that doesn't have firewalls so I can get myself set up.

Thank you!
Don.Mike

Jan 26, 2006, 12:07 PM
that's really cool guys. thanks, now i just have to wait for gravatar to accept it.
Don.Mike

Jan 26, 2006, 12:13 PM
already it would appear that those who have firewalls (a lot of people here) can't see them, i guess due to it being via a third party? is there any options available to you guys to host the avatar files locally or does gravatar only work this way?
Insert Witty Name Here

Jan 26, 2006, 12:31 PM
So far, only 2 people can enjoy them. 5 of us are depending on descriptions from those 2 to tell us what they have up. lol
Rich Brome

Jan 26, 2006, 12:57 PM
There is one possibility... I'm working on it.
Don.Mike

Jan 26, 2006, 1:02 PM
thanks.
Rich Brome

Jan 26, 2006, 1:08 PM
Can you see them now? It should work now.

If not, you need to tell your IT guys to grant you access to the whole "phonescoop.com" domain, not just "www.phonescoop.com".
Digital Pimp

Jan 26, 2006, 1:10 PM
Rich Brome said:

If not, you need to tell your IT guys to grant you access to the whole "phonescoop.com" domain, not just "www.phonescoop.com".

I still don't see them 😕
djdelay

Jan 26, 2006, 1:11 PM
me neither
KrazyJoe

Jan 26, 2006, 1:12 PM
well, the red X of doom is gone.

Now I see a lil grey figure with a question mark (which I ascertain from the behold of avatar thread to be a avatar pending sign).
Don.Mike

Jan 26, 2006, 1:14 PM
correct.
Digital Pimp

Rich Brome said:

Rich, add an Avatar for you and lets see what happens.
Don.Mike

i don't know, i don't have firewalls. lemme check over at the lounge.
Don.Mike

Jan 26, 2006, 1:16 PM
a couple of people over in the lounge can see the little shadow man now, instead of the red x.
djdelay

Jan 26, 2006, 1:56 PM
oh, I didn't know there was an X....I've had the shadow dude the whole time......does that mean it's working?
Don.Mike

Jan 26, 2006, 2:00 PM
yes.
Don.Mike

Jan 26, 2006, 2:01 PM
the shadow guy is there until the avatars we've submitted get approved by the avatar site. they are place holders.
Rich Brome

Jan 26, 2006, 2:03 PM
Yes.
KCShadowDragon

Jan 26, 2006, 2:26 PM
Well I went from the Shadow Guy to a Red X of pain.

My avatar got approved and suddenly nothing.
Rich Brome

Jan 26, 2006, 2:43 PM
That's really odd. That definitely shouldn't happen... 😕

Well, I can see your evil duck avatar just fine - looks great!
Digital Pimp

Jan 26, 2006, 1:17 PM
Rich Brome said:

I have contacted IT to see if they will do that. I still see just the box with the X.
ki0sk

Jan 26, 2006, 2:09 PM
ok, i'm behind a firewall and i'm no longer with the red x. now its the grey questionmark man
Digital Pimp

Jan 26, 2006, 2:32 PM
ki0sk said:
ok, i'm behind a firewall and i'm no longer with the red x. now its the grey questionmark man

We have a touchdown. My IT department did what you said rich and I saw a snoopy on someones post...cant remember who... but thanks.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.