Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 9 replies

New Forum Idea

djdelay

Oct 8, 2005, 4:45 PM
Rich...we all know the threat that the trolls pose in the carrier forums. No real physical damage, but they do distract from the true purpose of the forums, which is informational. Would it be possible to have a new forum, say a Battlegrounds Forum, that would play host to the bickering and fanatacism? It would kindof serve as a Shop Talk for people who are embattled against eachother in a cellular frenzy. There could even be a disclaimer entering the forum that warns of the violent nature of the posts, and that could be the no-holds barred forum if you want. But perhaps I assume too much. The bloodshed would probably spill over into the other forums. But it is still an idea. Thanks for your consideration.

-Mitch
dj delay
beenthere

Oct 8, 2005, 5:00 PM
here here i second 😁
alejandro

Oct 9, 2005, 9:31 AM
that is a horrible idea....
everman

Oct 9, 2005, 11:42 AM
To a question similar to this, when I asked Rich for a political/religous forum because we were cluttering up the Lounge, he replied

"That's not something we would consider.

This is a phone site. While we tolerate a certain amount of off-topic talk, it doesn't make any sense for us to encourage it.

Also, to be perfectly frank, religion and politics are topics we'd prefer people avoided; they tend to lead to flame wars, requiring heavy moderating, which costs us time and money."

His answer will most likely be the same now as it was 2 weeks ago.
everman

Jan 25, 2007, 6:00 PM
bmp
tmbold

Jan 25, 2007, 6:30 PM
i broke my mouse today scrolling through the god posts
MetroTet

Jan 26, 2007, 7:45 AM
i broke my brain... which i know is not difficult.. but thats not the point...
everman

Oct 9, 2005, 12:58 PM
Or it could be different. Who knew? Rich knew.
Rich Brome

Oct 9, 2005, 12:18 PM
I've seen that tried on other sites, and it doesn't really work. If you check out the Rants forums, you'll see that they're among the smallest forums, and the moderators still have to weed out or move a lot of junk from the main forums.

Creating a forum like that would basically be saying "go here to be ignored". For someone with strong feelings about a topic, that's not going to sound very attractive.
djdelay

Oct 10, 2005, 2:10 PM
I completely understand, Rich. Good to know that you have put some thought into it. Thanks for your time

-Mitch
dj delay

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.