Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 11 replies

honestly... what HAS happened to phone scoop...

mistermarler

Oct 6, 2005, 6:25 PM
☚ī¸

Guys, i've been coming here for a LONG time. I don't know how long i've been signed up but I have been selling cingular for 3 years. I used to be able to come here and get all the good scoops before my store did. Why is it that my collateral i'm getting in my store now, is more updated than anything on phonescoop. You don't even have the d307's on the new fcc approvals. Supposedly cingular has like 10 new phones dropping within two months and I can't find information about them anywhere, and if i do find a few tidbits of info, it certainly isin't here. C'mon guys. What's going on around here? I shouldn't know about things before you do! Cingular ptt launches next month, wheres the article on that? UTMS launches next month, W...
(continues)
mistermarler

Oct 6, 2005, 6:44 PM
ONE MORE THING: PLEASE please stop advertising for wirefly. This website is complte garbage and it's doing as much for the industry as pop ups and spam are doing for the internet, making people not trust it. People come up to me trying to get me to pricematch some stupid wirefly deal, for a free razr. Yeah, sure ill frickin give you a free 265 dollar phone on an add a line where we only make 90 dollars. You're helping to damage our business when you allow garbage ads like this to be displayed on your website.
Rich Brome

Oct 6, 2005, 9:52 PM
It's garbage because they offer a good price? 😕 It's Cingular that gives WireFly the wholesale price, commission, and rebates that let them offer that price.

WireFly is certainly legit. They're a brand of InPhonic, the largest seller of phones and service on the Internet, and a public company.
dca

Oct 7, 2005, 3:15 PM
Cingular is selling it for the same price, customers still have to come up with money up front. The return is based on a time-deferred rebate which sucks. Time-deferred rebates are based on the concept of the end-user forgetting all about the conditions of its redemption, ie: I buy a phone, the coupon needs to be filled out after receiving two full monthly service bills from Cingular, copy that, the receipt(s), and just about everything else and send to some third-party who administers the rebates. It has to be postmarked prior to you receiving your third bill... Nine times out of ten they either never reply or send you something saying you didn't adhere to its conditions...
Tell your customers to click on the links explaining the re...
(continues)
djdelay

Oct 7, 2005, 3:36 PM
Caveat Emptor....
just because they found a business model that makes them money, it isn't their fault that the average consumer doesn't pay attention when spending hundreds, maybe thousands of dollars on a phone/contract. If you work in the industry, you know that they don't even take the time to read their actual contracts or owners manuals, let alone disclaimers and legal documentation on a website. Wirefly makes money because we let them. Thomas Jefferson said it best....
"A well-informed populace is the best defense against tyranny."
gunny

Oct 6, 2005, 6:47 PM
mistermarler said:
☚ī¸

Guys, i've been coming here for a LONG time. I don't know how long i've been signed up but I have been selling cingular for 3 years. I used to be able to come here and get all the good scoops before my store did. Why is it that my collateral i'm getting in my store now, is more updated than anything on phonescoop. You don't even have the d307's on the new fcc approvals. Supposedly cingular has like 10 new phones dropping within two months and I can't find information about them anywhere, and if i do find a few tidbits of info, it certainly isin't here. C'mon guys. What's going on around here? I shouldn't know about things before you do! Cingular ptt launches next month, wheres the articl
(continues)
beenthere

Oct 6, 2005, 6:56 PM
now thats ebonics!
!
gunny

Oct 6, 2005, 7:00 PM
lol, thanks... just playing 🙂
Rich Brome

Oct 6, 2005, 9:53 PM
We're not omnipotent... we rely on reader sources for a lot of our info. If we don't have it and you do, please send it our way! 🙂
Rich Brome

Oct 6, 2005, 10:04 PM
I'd also like to point out that we do have more D307 info than you'll find just about anywhere else:

https://www.phonescoop.com/news/item.php?n=1206 »

https://www.phonescoop.com/articles/ctia_2005_fall/i ... »

We'll add a spec page when we have complete specs. (If anyone wants to send an official spec sheet, we'll love you forever! 😉 )
djdelay

Oct 6, 2005, 10:06 PM
you tell em Rich! 😉
SystemShock

Oct 18, 2005, 4:41 PM
Hum, so this ISN'T the place to get the 411 on the latest phones?

What places would you recommend that are quicker to have the info on stuff like that?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.