Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

Problem with searching

Danny G

Aug 8, 2015, 2:52 PM
I wanted to find all smartphones that have an external Antenna jack.

In the Phone finder section I clicked Android, Ios and windows under smartphone/os, then chose 'external antenna jack', but all I get is the Motorola droid. I know that not complete because these Windows Mobil phones have an external jack:

Cingular & HTC

APACHE, PPC-6700, XV-6700
XV6800, PPC6800, P4000, Mogu
HTC (tytn OR HERMES OR p4500 OR 8525)
Cingular & HTC Phone 2100, 2125 (Faraday)
Cingular & HTC Phone 8100,8125 (MDA, K-JAM)
8525, TyTN, JasJam, Hermes
S620 (Dash, Excalibur)
S621
Rich Brome

Aug 17, 2015, 9:10 AM
Ah. The issue here is that we consider Windows Phone to be a different OS from the older Windows Mobile it replaced. If you click "more" under OS / Platform, you'll see other options like Windows Mobile Pro and Standard. It sounds like that's what you're looking for.

Also, in case you're not aware, or might prefer a current phone, there are many excellent newer antenna booster options that do not require a physical jack on the phone. WeBoost is one of the larger companies offering such products:

https://www.weboost.com/us/ »
Danny G

Aug 17, 2015, 1:57 PM
Thanks, I'll check those other options.

About the weboost, I'm interested in an option that doesn't require power on its own like a wilson antenna.
Danny G

Aug 17, 2015, 2:07 PM
Perfect. I guess I missed the 'more' option.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.