Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

Hey Rich...

JDigital

Mar 29, 2004, 2:54 PM
I was wondering why I can't find any mention of the Samsung P730 on this website... they featured it at CeBIT, and the Samsung rep told my master agent recently that they intend to release it in the US with T-Mobile. Am I just missing it somewhere?
Rich Brome

Mar 29, 2004, 9:45 PM
The U.S. version is the P735. I wouldn't expect it for a while - although it was announced, they didn't have one at CTIA, which means we probably won't see it until the end of the year.

I did mention it, though, here:

https://www.phonescoop.com/news/item.php?n=823 »

...and here:

https://www.phonescoop.com/articles/ctia_2004/index. ... »
JDigital

Mar 30, 2004, 12:01 AM
Oh, I see... you mentioned it but there weren't any pictures so I missed it. Damn those pesky word thingies! Anyway, the Samsung rep told my master agent rep that they intended to release it eventually with T-Mobile, which would mean that it would be the European version, wouldn't it, since T-Mobile's phones are all 900/1800/1900 anyway?
Rich Brome

Mar 30, 2004, 10:09 AM
Something like that.

If you look at the history, the model numbers ending in "0" are for Europe, "8" for Asia, "5" for T-Mobile, "6" for AT&T, and "7" for Cingular.

The "6" and "7" versions of course have GSM 850, while the "0", "5", and "8" versions are all essentially the same. The weird part is, Samsung goes to the trouble of separate FCC approvals for the "0" and "5" versions - I'm not 100% sure why. So they are technically different phones - different tweaks and tuning, I guess. 😕

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.