Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

Advertisements on this site

Tofuchong

Oct 12, 2013, 8:09 PM
The ads on this site have gone crazy.

I'm getting ads that appear to be from google that are spreading outright lies, I see ads for asian call girls, I even saw an ad that said best buy was the BEST place to buy a phone!

Maybe it is, but what's up with the Asian callgirl ads?
Seriously?
Rich Brome

Oct 14, 2013, 6:45 PM
The Google ads are determined by Google, and come from all advertisers dealing with Google. They are not companies we deal with directly.

Googles matches ads with pages and viewers based on many different factors. Sometimes an advertiser has chosen to place their ads on our site. But usually they have chosen to place their ads across the web, using other criteria.

They may be using geo-targeting. If there are a lot of Asian call girls doing business in your neighborhood, they may be targeting you by location.

Or they may target words on the page. So if you're discussing Asians or call girls in the forums, you may ads related to that.

Or they target your perceived demographics. So if Google (rightly or wrongly) thinks you're likel...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.