Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 6 replies

Hey Rich...

speedywalk

Jun 27, 2005, 3:24 PM
I've noticed that the servers keep taking some massive dives lately. I've been getting http 503 errors, page not found errors, and even domain name errors. Any ideas on what's going on? And hopefully nothing I inadvertantly caused? 🤭

Speedywalk®
"It ain't broke, it just needs duct tape!"
~Can't beat the real thing!â„¢~
Rich Brome

Jun 27, 2005, 4:07 PM
The servers have been acting up lately. Growing pains, basically...

All of the recent issues have been very brief 2-5 minute hiccups. No outage has lasted more than 5 minutes recently, although they have been happening quite often - up to once an hour during peak hours.

We're working on it, believe me! Sorry for the hassle in the meantime. If you have trouble, just come back in five minutes and all should be fine.
lorna

Jul 9, 2005, 10:35 AM
Maybe I ought to have written this to you earlier. Several times this morning ( Sat, Jul 9, 2005) -- maybe 3 times -- after I read a post or a reply to a post and then after I clicked onto the RETURN TO MESSAGES link, my (Safari for Mac) browser would just quit. I assumed that it was my computer, but after reading the above, I figured I'd best give you some feedback from this side. Something made my browser quit 3 times upon hitting the RETURN TO MESSAGES link.

-Lorna

😕
speedywalk

Jul 9, 2005, 10:39 AM
lorna said:
Maybe I ought to have written this to you earlier. Several times this morning ( Sat, Jul 9, 2005) -- maybe 3 times -- after I read a post or a reply to a post and then after I clicked onto the RETURN TO MESSAGES link, my (Safari for Mac) browser would just quit. I assumed that it was my computer, but after reading the above, I figured I'd best give you some feedback from this side. Something made my browser quit 3 times upon hitting the RETURN TO MESSAGES link.

-Lorna

😕

I'm not so sure that is an issue with th servers...I've been noticing that the last 2-3 days ANY of my Mozilla-based webbrowsers have been having problems with websites. I pull up IE (piece of CRAP) and the issues ...
(continues)
Rich Brome

Jul 9, 2005, 11:57 AM
Sounds like a random browser glitch. Make sure you clear your cache when something like that happens.

No site should be able to do that to your browser. It has to be a browser bug or glitch of some sort.
lorna

Jul 9, 2005, 12:54 PM
Hi Rich...... I regularly clear the cache and also delete the histories. I don't know if it is even necessary to delete the histories, but I figure, more stuff to deal with, maybe more things to go wrong. (quite like cell phones with camera and video capabilities.) 😲

-Lorna
Rich Brome

Jul 9, 2005, 11:58 AM
This is fixed now. Please let me know if you run into anything like that again.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.