Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Quote resistance

speedywalk

Jun 23, 2005, 7:46 PM

Rich, check this out. I'm not sure what I'm actually doing, but you can't insert this kind of message when I type it like this. I just want to make sure that I'm not causing any back-end problems on your servers!

Try to quote this message using the traditional link!

Speedywalk

"It ain't broke, it just needs duct tape!"
Rich Brome

Jun 23, 2005, 11:29 PM
speedywalk said:

Rich, check this out. I'm not sure what I'm actually doing, but you can't insert this kind of message when I type it like this. I just want to make sure that I'm not causing any back-end problems on your servers!

Try to quote this message using the traditional link!

Speedywalk

Are you using a different browser or OS than usual? Using a Mac, perhaps? The issue is funky linebreaks, which can be caused by browsers that don't obey Internet standards for linebreaks.

But anyway, I think I've fixed it. Let me know if you run into that again.

Thanks!
speedywalk

Jun 24, 2005, 3:51 PM
Rich, if it sin't too much trouble, and wasn't interfering with the server, could you undo the fix with the hard breaks I found? I rather liked it....it was a nifty way for me to have a unique signature!

Speedywalk
Rich Brome

Jun 24, 2005, 4:06 PM
What do you mean? Your sig looks the same as it always did... 😕
KCShadowDragon

Jun 24, 2005, 5:25 PM
He wasn't to be all teflon.

I say keep the fix. but that's cause I'm ornery.
speedywalk

Jun 24, 2005, 7:42 PM
The hard break thing was something I inadvertantly figured out while playing...I actually found a way to make it so that whenever people tried to click on the link to quote my message or click to insert a smiley, it redirected them to the top of the page! I actually had a lot of fun with it...

I noticed now that after you did whatever you did to fix it, the trick no longer works. I was just wanting you to undo it--if it were possible. I might need to e-mail you exactly what it was that I discovered that allowed me to do that in teh first place, but that redirection scheme was actually a non-reproduceable digital "signature" that I developed! I liked it!

Speedywalk

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.