Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 10 replies

New Server

Rich Brome

May 29, 2005, 9:17 PM
Okay folks - the site is now on shiny new set of bigger, faster, bad-ass servers! 😉 😁

Sorry for the brief no-login period tonight. It was necessary for moving the database without losing any forum messages, user reviews, etc. (Can't move a database while it's changing!)

No downtime for the site, though, and only 45 minutes of not logging in - not bad for moving a large site like this! 😉

But anyway - please let me know if you notice any glitches or oddities. A lot changed behind the scenes, so there are bound to be some issues.

Thanks! 🙂
eric Lin

May 29, 2005, 11:58 PM
hooray for rich.
jkrivjansky

May 30, 2005, 12:39 AM
Yay... New server. Congrats.
Rich Brome

May 30, 2005, 12:42 AM
Thanks!
Rich Brome

May 30, 2005, 12:39 AM
🙂 Thanks.

One cool thing about the new database server: it lets you search on words as small at 3 letters. With the old server the minimum was 4.

Before, you couldn't search the news or forums for things like "Ogo", "ixi", "ESN", "SMS", "TFT", "IMS" etc.

Now you can! 🙂
jamorr

May 30, 2005, 12:38 PM
congrats on the new server. also good job on keeping the switch as seamless as possible. alot of other sites have issues for days
Rich Brome

May 30, 2005, 2:00 PM
Thanks! I've had some practice doing it before, but I think I also had a lot of luck on my side this time around! 😉
shadedpain4

May 30, 2005, 4:08 PM
In the CTIA 2005 feature article, most of the pictures of the Samsung A970 lead to dead links when you click to enlarge the picture.
Rich Brome

May 30, 2005, 4:50 PM
Whoops! 🤭

Thanks!

It's been fixed.

If you see the 404 image again, hit reload and the correct image should load.

If it still doesn't work, and it says "[1]" at the very, very bottom of the page, that's a known issue that will be fixed soon. If it says "[2]", please let me know - it should work.
Rich Brome

May 30, 2005, 5:00 PM
Okay folks - just found and fixed a major problem.

It seems all email messages from the site for the last 22 hours or so (since the new web servers went online) were not delivered. That includes new account verification emails, forum reply alerts, private messages to other users, report-to-moderator alerts to us, and feedback to us.

Sorry about this! It's been fixed for new email from here on.

The emails that were supposed to be sent during that period are not gone, but they're not easily accessible, either. ☚ī¸

I'm going to try to flush the queue and get those emails delivered, but I can't guarantee that will be possible. I'll reply here to keep you posted.
Rich Brome

May 30, 2005, 9:03 PM
It doesn't look like I'll be able to re-send the emails from this morning. ☚ī¸

If you registered for a new account today and didn't receive the verification email, you should get an email from me shortly with instructions.

I was able to recover the feedback sent to us and reply where appropriate.

There didn't seem to be any forum messages reported to us as inappropriate.

Unfortunately, forum reply alerts and private messages sent to other users will not be re-sent. ☚ī¸ Hopefully this doesn't affect too many people since it was a holiday.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.