Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 12 replies

Question for you Rich..

FaeLynne

May 20, 2011, 2:32 PM
Why do some users get banned and all their post get left up, but other times their posts disappear? It gets confusing when I'm reading through a thread and a post is just gone, completely.
JMike89

May 20, 2011, 3:18 PM
He seems to delete the posts that caused the user to get banned, due to their content...
FaeLynne

May 20, 2011, 4:00 PM
Then I'm suddenly expecting a lot of things in the Lounge from today to disappear. I'm still not sure what happened there.
OrionsVantage

May 20, 2011, 4:17 PM
How do you stay so confused?
FaeLynne

May 20, 2011, 4:36 PM
I was gone for the hour or so that everything happened during. I'm not going to read through over a hundred posts just to figure out what happened. If I stay confused, so be it.
Rich Brome

May 22, 2011, 8:55 PM
We never delete messages just because the author was banned. If we delete a message, it's because that specific message was inappropriate.

(Although whenever a message is deleted, all replies under that must be deleted as well.)
FaeLynne

May 22, 2011, 9:52 PM
See, that's what confuses me. I've seen some messages that are no longer there, but replies to them ARE still there, especially older messages (I get bored and read the really old threads a lot). Like this answer to a post:
https://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff= ... »
This answer is still there, but the very original post in this thread is not. You just get an error message.
Rich Brome

May 23, 2011, 12:43 PM
That's just a database glitch. Sorry. Fixed.
FaeLynne

May 24, 2011, 8:58 AM
Now I can read through really old posts and actually understand them! Thank you Rich!
speedywalk

May 27, 2011, 9:03 PM
is there a way to get a banned user's (or a suspended user's) messages to be readable rather than getting a message that says "Message author not found"?
Rich Brome

May 27, 2011, 9:46 PM
You shouldn't get that specific message. If you do, check that page again in an hour. If you still get it, let me know so I can fix it.
speedywalk

May 28, 2011, 8:44 PM
🤭

I should have read this other thread before tossing my hat in the ring...
https://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff= ... »

Thanks!!!!!!
Rich Brome

May 30, 2011, 3:10 PM
No worries. It was a good opportunity to explain what was going on.

It was actually a pretty nasty bug in the system that led to some data loss. The root cause (bug) has been fixed now. Thank you to everyone who brought this issue to my attention.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.