Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 10 replies

Rich please we need some intervention

themarchhare

May 26, 2005, 11:25 AM
There have been alot of extremely inappropriate posts in the forum as of late they are disgusting degrading and mostly fall on one or two of the new users of the forums. It's incredibly frustrating and no matter how much you ask it just seems to be getting worse I've already reported a few of these posts to the moderator but it doesn't seem to be helping so i come to asking for any assistance that could be given.. ☚ī¸
Wenadin

May 26, 2005, 11:32 AM
Yes, please. Help us
PsYkE

May 26, 2005, 1:05 PM
werd It's driving me insane.
themarchhare

May 26, 2005, 11:35 AM
Sorry not just forum but in the lounge more specifically
PsYkE

May 28, 2005, 7:40 AM
Yeah... that one seems to be ignored... a LOT.
Rich Brome

May 26, 2005, 12:47 PM
We simply don't have time to read every message in every forum, and also bring you timely news and articles, etc.

Therefore we are reliant on you - the community - to help us out by reporting inappropriate messages. Moderation is a team effort that includes you!

I've just reviewed everything that's been reported to us in the past few days, and I think it's all been handled appropriately. But if there is more we don't know about, please report it.

Thanks! 🙂
themarchhare

May 26, 2005, 12:52 PM
Thank you soooooo much Rich 😁
PsYkE

May 27, 2005, 4:49 PM
I reported the big long obnoxious thread but it remained... I can't be the only one who reported it.

The inmates are running the asylum.
ihateevry1

May 27, 2005, 5:10 PM
like i said there is nothing wrong over there.... đŸ˜ŗ so why do you need to come here and try to make somehing out of it..... 🙄 đŸ˜ŗ
jkrivjansky

Jun 8, 2005, 3:02 PM
I can understand you don't have the time to monitor everything. And you shouldn't have to. Sadly the lounge has become a situation where the inmates have started to run the asylum. People have asked, people have shouted, insults have been sent on both sides.

So now I ask how can I help. We've tried to just let it die, ignoring it does not work. If anyone complains a certain user starts calling them whiners and cry babies. What can we do? I know you'd like to find a way to lock threads. Can I assist with that in any way? I'd be glad to learn any scripting needed so that I could assist making PhoneScoop great again.

I know reporting threads only floods you and your team with even more work. So how can I do something more? Le...
(continues)
Rich Brome

Jun 8, 2005, 3:16 PM
... I know reporting threads only floods you and your team with even more work. ...

Quite the contrary! As long as it's genuinely inappropriate or violates our ToU, the more you report, the easier that makes our jobs. We're very dependent on it. We just don't have time to monitor the forums ourselves - especially the lounge forum.

... If anyone complains a certain user starts calling them whiners and cry babies. ...

Any user that says such a thing is simply wrong, and is also violating our ToU by name-calling. Don't let anything like that get to you - in fact, please report it to us.

Thanks!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.