Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 9 replies

Rich, I already know the answer but...

speedywalk

May 25, 2005, 4:08 PM
I was wanting to know if you could break up the whale in the lounge. The mammoth thread (in the loosest of terms) is becoming VERY obtrusive and making it nearly impossible to maintain a sense of order!

The thread consists of a great many conversations all under one heading, and not a coherent topic in the lot! It started because they wanted to see if they could "spam" the whole first page and didn't realize that the page just expands to maintain X number of threads!

I already know the answer, but help us please!

Speedywalk
"It ain't broke, it just needs duct tape!"
jkrivjansky

May 25, 2005, 5:21 PM
I agree. I'd love to see something done with that behemoth. It managed to make it's way to page 7 at one point. Then someone decided it would be cute to bring it back.

But again, I refuse to fight the thing. It doesn't matter if you ask nicely or scream abusively they won't leave it be.
Rich Brome

May 25, 2005, 6:15 PM
Yeah... unfortunately not. Not without deleting the whole thing, but it's our policy to only delete threads that violate the ToU...

Sorry.

I guess this highlights the need for a way for us to lock threads. You'd think we'd have that, right? 😉 Maybe it needs to move up the to-do list...
speedywalk

May 25, 2005, 6:27 PM
AMEN! Just need to be careful though! I bet you've got a good way of making it fair though!

Speedywalk
"It ain't broke, it just needs duct tape!"
themike314

May 25, 2005, 6:57 PM
So someone should post a reply to the thread that is in violation of the ToU...
jkrivjansky

May 25, 2005, 7:33 PM
I imagine there is something in there somewhere...

But I ain't about to read through the whole thing. 🤣
Rich Brome

May 25, 2005, 7:44 PM
Please don't. It wouldn't help - we only delete specific messages that are direct violations, and the replies below them. (Not the messages above or the whole thread, unless the offending messages is the top message.)

Just let the thread die. It will sooner or later... 🙄
Wenadin

May 27, 2005, 12:49 PM
Rich, the thread has become harrassing for those of us who frequent the lounge. the user ihateevery1 has been bumping it in order to intentionally harrass us because he knows we don't like it. Please delete the thread.
ihateevry1

May 27, 2005, 12:58 PM
why am i being dragged into this...i post to resond to people on there and because the majority of people don't mind it except those who whine all the time about dumb things.....if rich or any other mod says "hey no more i will comply....but its still funm to some and its being done in the LOUNGE......rich let me know if there are any proms......thanks 😳
jkrivjansky

May 27, 2005, 5:14 PM
ihateevry1 said:
.....if rich or any other mod says "hey no more i will comply....but its still funm to some and its being done in the LOUNGE......rich let me know if there are any proms......thanks 😳

Rich Brome said:
Please don't. It wouldn't help - we only delete specific messages that are direct violations, and the replies below them. (Not the messages above or the whole thread, unless the offending messages is the top message.)

Just let the thread die. It will sooner or later... 🙄

Looks like he asked to let it die. Long before you made your post.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.