Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

Missing device: ES400S

Ishamael

Apr 17, 2011, 1:37 PM
Today, Sprint released the ES400S, which can be seen on their website at the incredibly high price of $549.99 after all rebates. Since the second most expensive phone is only $199.99, I came here to compare devices and find out what makes this particular model so darn expensive.

To my surprise, it's not listed in the device comparison at all!

😕
dj89

Apr 17, 2011, 1:49 PM
It's been released since last year. For some reason, Phonescoop never picked up on it. I guess it's because the phone's more like a mobile computer than the smartphones listed here, and due to pricing it would hold no interest to PS's demographic.

In my opinion.
Ishamael

Apr 17, 2011, 2:34 PM
Weird, I never noticed it before. My pricing info says it was released 02/27 of this year, but I only just now realized how expensive it was. That intrigued me.

So it's more of a mobile computer instead of a smart-phone? That would explain the pricing difference, and the lack of PS coverage.

Thanks!
Rich Brome

Apr 18, 2011, 4:51 PM
It's strictly aimed at business users, mostly vertical solutions.

When it was first announced, Sprint said it would only ship via business channels. They seem to have changed their minds and made it available to anyone, but as you can see from the pricing, it's not being marketed to consumers. We focus on consumers, although that phone it kind of a gray area. We might consider adding a listing for it if there's demand, but not many people have asked about it.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.