Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Rich, a question:

Joba Fett

Feb 17, 2011, 2:29 PM
I know you have been cracking down on posts geared toward individuals lately, but is there any leniency to that rule? There are some users who do not wish to be contacted directly so oftentimes a post directed towards them is helpful. Is there no way you can allow those posts if used in moderation?
Ishamael

Feb 17, 2011, 2:53 PM
If I don't wish to be contacted directly, then wouldn't directing a thread at me be denying that wish?

Just sayin'...
speedywalk

Feb 17, 2011, 3:59 PM
Ishamael.
Joba Fett

Feb 17, 2011, 4:05 PM
you make the wish to not be contacted privately. You're engaging in a public forum, so expecting to never be called upon is foolish.
Ishamael

Feb 23, 2011, 12:19 AM
Joba Fett said:
expecting to never be called upon is foolish.

Unless part of the public forum's rules is not to direct threads at specific people, in order to promote an environment where everyone can feel free to communicate with everyone else. In that situation, expecting to never be called upon would be quite reasonable.
Joby Dick

Feb 23, 2011, 2:10 PM
Addressing a post to a user inside of an already-existent thread is allowed. For example, I could address a post directed to you only in response to your thread.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.