Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 9 replies

PM issues

IrishCarBomb

Mar 21, 2010, 12:17 PM
I just tried to PM the resident llama, and was told I am a spammer and you guys had been notified. I just want to assure you I am not a spammer, I am irishcarbomb, resident something or another, but not spammer.
Avaya

Mar 22, 2010, 8:30 PM
🤣 maybe you're pm-ing too many people for one day. there is a 2minute wait window when you send the first pm

😛 spammer
IrishCarBomb

Mar 23, 2010, 8:51 PM
It was my first PM in about a month.
Avaya

Mar 23, 2010, 9:12 PM
well, idk what to say then....
easystreet

Mar 24, 2010, 10:10 AM
you must be the laziest spammer in history

get with the program irish
NEPats726420

Mar 24, 2010, 11:15 AM
🤣
IrishCarBomb

Mar 26, 2010, 4:50 PM
Hey, I get paid by the hour, not the message count, so it all works out the same in the end for me.
ShmearBear

Mar 26, 2010, 5:26 PM
what r u doing?!?!?!
Rich Brome

Mar 26, 2010, 12:27 PM
It was triggered by something in the content of your message. There are certain things spammers might try to put in there to trick our email server into doing bad things. We look for those tricks and block them, for your protection.

Try sending your message with different wording. (Sorry to be vague, but I don't want to disclose too much about how it works. Giving potential spammers a blueprint of the system might give them ideas where to look for undiscovered vulnerabilities.)

Sorry for any inconvenience.
IrishCarBomb

Mar 26, 2010, 4:49 PM
It is all good with me! I know why you do what you do, and appreciate it! I am happy to say I have never received a single piece of spam from my account on here, something I can't say about some other sites I am a member of.

I am thinking it was the wording, I won't go into detail either, but thinking of the message I could see a spammer saying one of my lines word for word.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.