Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 15 replies

Getting weird forum violation notices

Drunk

Oct 18, 2009, 4:49 PM
I've been getting emails saying I'm in violation, but I don't know what for. I got one that said I was in violation and the reason said " "
I don't know if this was a mistake or what. I'm pretty confused by this. Also getting a violation for giving a name "dead eye dick" that's a phrase for marksmanship. I got a violation for this as well, I suggest if I'm not allowed to use the name dick then it shouldn't be allowed to be posted on the site. Other "bad words" are blocked out with stars ****** like that.
I had another violation that had my screen name as the subject, then it said "shut up" I don't see how that was a personal attack. It was directed at me and I don't remember reporting that I told myself to shut up. Who knows maybe I was d...
(continues)
speedywalk

Oct 18, 2009, 5:12 PM
"Don't be a jerk."

As for the "bad words," I can't help you there. Ask Crapbag about his firearm terminology and the censor!

Speedywalk
"It ain't broke, it just needs duct tape!"
Drunk

Oct 19, 2009, 8:35 AM
How was I a jerk?
speedywalk

Oct 19, 2009, 8:57 AM
You're not allowed to insult anybody, including yourself I guess. Bottom line though: if a message gets reported, and it seems to be in violation you will get a warning, regardless of to whom the message is addressed?

Speedywalk
GraGG

Oct 19, 2009, 3:17 PM
so he cant tell himself to shut up? ๐Ÿ™„
macdrizzle23rd

Oct 23, 2009, 11:42 AM
oops i just told llama to shut up and stop spitting at me but im joking. ๐Ÿคจ
Crapbag

Oct 29, 2009, 10:48 AM
speedywalk said:
Ask Crapbag about his firearm terminology and the censor!

I'm not too sure what you're talking about. ๐Ÿ˜•
speedywalk

Oct 29, 2009, 5:53 PM
stopcock.

Speedywalk
ecycled

Oct 19, 2009, 11:24 AM
they aren't from phonescoop. Drunk they might be from someone on here playing a joke. I'd get confirmation you were being chastized first.
llama

Oct 19, 2009, 12:10 PM
What was the email address your messages came from?
Drunk

Oct 19, 2009, 6:22 PM
nobody@phonescoop.com So that's why I'm asking, is it a joke? I really don't see how any of it was a violation and would like an explanation as to why I got a warning. Maybe I don't understand or maybe they did it on mistake. Rich? Eric? Hello?
llama

Oct 19, 2009, 6:28 PM
hmmm...the powers that be will have to rule on that one...
matonater

Oct 19, 2009, 7:56 PM
I was warned for a conversation I was having with myself and I said some mean things to myself
Rich Brome

Oct 22, 2009, 8:58 PM
Eric is trying his hand at moderation for the first time this week. Please be gentle. ๐Ÿ™‚
matonater

Oct 23, 2009, 9:40 AM
so we should take all moderation in moderation?
ATnT Cellular

Oct 30, 2009, 11:45 AM
Rich Brome said:
Eric is trying his hand at moderation for the first time this week. Please be gentle. ๐Ÿ™‚

Eric will get the hang of it, and he'll quickly know the difference between someone like Drunk, and a real troll who posts really nasty things and stirs up trouble.

I don't think I'd enjoy being a moderator. I don't have time to baby sit people on the internets.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.