Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 11 replies

New user pages

Rich Brome

Mar 17, 2005, 11:18 PM
First, once again, I am working my hardest and fastest to get the logout issues resolved ASAP...

But while I wait for other parties involved to help me get that resolved, I haven't abandoned making improvements to the rest of the site.

This was actually added a little while ago, but I doubt many people noticed it...

When viewing a forum message page or phone user review page, you can now click the username even if you're not logged in.

Clicking that link will now take you to a new set of user pages. You can now see how long the user has been a member. More importantly, you can also now see a listing of recent forum messages by that user (site-wide), and also all phone user reviews by that user. As before, you can also view their ...
(continues)
speedywalk

Mar 18, 2005, 1:01 PM
So are you a new member Rich? 😛 j/k

That's cool! Like it a lot! Will help keep the trolling and flaming under control I think! Keep it up!

Speedywalk
"It ain't broke, it just needs duct tape!"
Rich Brome

Mar 18, 2005, 2:12 PM
speedywalk said:
So are you a new member Rich? ...

Whoops... 🤭

I'll have to get that fixed.
austin316

Mar 18, 2005, 2:54 PM
Rich, have you thought of downsizing the content on this site, i mean you have 3 types of forums, and some of those general foums rooms, could get dozed over since not really being used, and some of the forums for manufactures could get dozed over too, that way cut enough of the content not really being utilized could help possibly free up room to fix the login issue.
Rich Brome

Mar 18, 2005, 3:15 PM
austin316 said:
Rich, have you thought of downsizing the content on this site, ... cut enough of the content not really being utilized could help possibly free up room to fix the login issue.

100% unrelated. It wouldn't help the login issue at all. If anything, removing things from the site would take time away from fixing the login issue.

I do appreciate the suggestion, though.
austin316

Mar 18, 2005, 3:46 PM
Rich Brome said:
austin316 said:
Rich, have you thought of downsizing the content on this site, ... cut enough of the content not really being utilized could help possibly free up room to fix the login issue.

100% unrelated. It wouldn't help the login issue at all. If anything, removing things from the site would take time away from fixing the login issue.

I do appreciate the suggestion, though.

Well ok, but something's gotta give, this login login is getting nuts, when evey time i change going a forum and from reading a message to going into the forum messages and getting logged out, and then logging in, it asks you to edit your account, then after updating it , it then...
(continues)
Rich Brome

Mar 18, 2005, 5:02 PM
It shouldn't ask you to edit your account... 😕 Can you be more specific?
mmcnier

Mar 18, 2005, 6:21 PM
When you click on the log-in page, it takes you to update your account settings... the "YOUR ACCOUNT" page.
Rich Brome

Mar 18, 2005, 10:54 PM
Ah yes... that. Sorry.

Okay - that's just been fixed.

And the error message is now more accurate, and there is now a link right in the error message to take you right to the login page.
speedywalk

Mar 19, 2005, 1:51 PM
Hey Rich! Why does your "member since" field keep displaying the current date? Or did you un-register yesterday and re-register today? 😛

hehe.

That feature is VERY helpful by the way! YOU ROCK!

Speedywalk
Rich Brome

Mar 19, 2005, 4:01 PM
speedywalk said:
Hey Rich! Why does your "member since" field keep displaying the current date?

Just fixed. 🤭
speedywalk

Mar 19, 2005, 4:39 PM
Way to go you "old scoopie fogey!" HAHA! 😛

Speedywalk

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.