Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

Wirefly

Timjoestan

Mar 17, 2005, 3:54 PM
I posted this question in the General category, but I thought it may pertain to this forum as well. I inadvertantly purchased a sidekick II from one of the "shop" links, from a site called Wirefly I believe. The final price I paid was $74, and they are sending me 2 $50 rebates, making the total price of my phone -$25. I just wanted to make sure this was a reputable site, and that I didn't just totally get scammed or something. Any help would be great.
Bigern_McCracken

Mar 17, 2005, 5:26 PM
The only thing that I would be careful about is reading ALL of the fine print. About the rebates and the pricing and contract of the phone service. Just like any other indirect dealer there are terms and conditions that they will add to the service providers to ensure that they receive their commission from the carrier so they will have something to the effect of "only receiving your rebates after you reach 6 months of service with good payment" or "rebates being in the form of store or online store credit" and things like that. I would just pay close attention to all those details to ensure you understand. "understanding is ultimate power" 😁 good luck, hope that helps a little
Timjoestan

Mar 17, 2005, 6:18 PM
I just called TMobile, and I do in fact have an account created yesterday, and it shows my phone being the sidekick II. The CSR was extremely helpful, and was able to change the plan that Wirefly originally wanted to stick me with. I know this could alter the rebates that are on the way, but I don't think they can ding me for the other $150 I saved. Oh well I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Next time, if I can't view and confirm my shopping cart before purchase, I just won't buy.
Rich Brome

Mar 17, 2005, 11:00 PM
WireFly is about as reputable as they get.

I screen all of the companies that I provide "Shop" links for. I don't link to sites unless I have used them myself, I know the people, and I know they are 100% reputable.

Legally, I can't officially vouch for them - we are technically separate entities that have a very specific, limited business relationship.

But I wouldn't link to a site that I wouldn't recommend to a friend. I wouldn't do that to you guys! 🙂

Back to Wirefly... they are part of InPhonic, one of the largest online retailers of cell phone service in the country. They were actually just given the Excellence Award for Retail Strategies by Wireless Week. They also recently went public, so they are sort of legally bound to...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.