Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

Phones without specific features

Myth

Feb 8, 2004, 5:14 PM
Right now, the phone listing omit mention of features which a particular phone may lack.

I would find it more useful to see that a listing says "No" for changeable faceplate or integrated PDA than to scan the list a few times, making sure that there is no entry for covers or faceplates or PDA.

Admittedly, some features are rare enough so they might be listed in a "special features" category, rather than stating that most phones do not have a flashlight, a calorie counter, or a sub-etha sensomatic.

Thanks.

😎
Rich Brome

Feb 10, 2004, 7:06 PM
Thanks for the feedback!

That is a common request, but there are reasons it is the way it is.

First, for phones that haven't been released yet, the full feature lists aren't always available. So if a feature isn't listed, that actually means something more like "no or unknown".

Second, like you said, there are some features that would seem kind of silly to list for each phone. I currently track over 50 different features, so listing them all would make for one hell of a list. 😉

I suppose I could have some features that always appear, and some that only appear if it's "yes", but I think that kind of inconsistency might be even more confusing than the way it is now...

It would be nice to figure out some kind of compromise....
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.